SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|May 18 Sat
- Helicopter down north of Alpine about 30 miles south of Salt Lake City, Utah, update
- Boeing has 1yr contract (1yr option for 2020) to continue modernizing US Navy F/A-18 fleet under Service Life Modification (SLM) program.
Updates expected to keep F/A-18 in active service for decades
- Mars 2020 spacecraft engineer inspects the completed spacecraft, photo
- Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, Calif
- Bishop Mule Days Celebration Parade May 21-26, 2019.
Parade participants begin leaving the Tri-County Fairgrounds as early as 7am
- Bishop weekend escape for old west California
- June 6 75th anniversary of D-day, five places to commemorate, WW2
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Winter 2019, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|May 17 Fri
- F-16 returning to March Air Reserve Base in Moreno Valley after
training mission crashed after hydraulics failed and pilot ejected
- UK Engineers warned about problem fuel readings on helicopter which crashed into Clutha pub two months before the accident
- Boeing completed development of updated software for 737 MAX, along with associated simulator testing and
the engineering test flight. 737 MAX flown with updated MCAS software for more than 360 hours on 207 flights
- Wise Guy B-52H Stratofortress from Boneyard Arizona to Barksdale Air Force Base, La., photos
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for certain Robinson Helicopter Model R66 helicopters. AD requires inspecting
the oil tank outlet fitting color. If the fitting is blue, AD requires replacing tank with an oil tank that lacks a blue fitting.
AD effective May 17, 2019
- USS Eisenhower returned to Norfolk homeport completing flight deck certifications
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (Apr 2019)
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- FAA Safety Briefing - performance-based aircraft certification standards for general aviation - May/June 2019
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|May 16 Thu
- Helicopter emergency down in Hudson River near Manhattan heliport, NY
- US Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao announced intent to award 779m in supplemental funding for infrastructure
grants to 127 airports in all 50 states and Puerto Rico
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, April 2019 Communication Challenges
- US Army Aviation Digest - Primer for Company-level Collective Training at Home Station
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team - Schedule 25-26 May Latrobe, PA. 26 May Indianapolis, IN. Indy 500
|May 15 Wed
- US Army developing new wind-tunnel testbed that will help future tiltrotor aircraft attain higher speeds,
improved stability and enhanced safety
- Software teams from Hanscom AFB fielding F35 applications that help aircraft maintainers at Nellis AFB, Nevada
- Pilots from American Airlines pressed Boeing to work on fix after first fatal crash of 737 Max
- Helicopters over SLO County this week and next as inspectors check power lines
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|May 14 Tue
- UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) report - Parts of helicopter falling off during flight was not a safety risk.
Cable cover and lightning bonding strip on a tail rotor blade were found to be missing
- BLADE Urban Air Mobility expanded service to include LaGuardia Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport
- US Marine Corps AV-8B Harrier II taxies down flightline during Desert Flag 19-2 in Southwest Asia, photos
- Northrop in partnership with US Marine Corps passed Initial Operational Test and Evaluation for AN/TPS-80 Ground/Air Task-Oriented Radar.
Provides real time 360 degree situational awareness
- US Army conducting lights out tactical helicopter training in KY, TN, Southern IL, IN and Northern AL. April 25, 2019 - May 22, 2019
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - August timeframe for Orbital Flight Test for Boeing 2019
|May 13 Mon
- CBO Report cost of replacing US Army Aviation Fleet.
US Army has over 4,000 piloted aircraft, most of which are helicopters.
H-60 Black Hawks, AH-64 Apaches, H-47 Chinooks account for most of the helicopters
- Robinson Helicopter Company delivered two R44 Cadets to University of North Dakota (UND)
- Bid for Republic of Korea Navy 12 anti-submarine warfare (ASW) helicopters from May 2 until Aug. 16
- Textron Aviation told customers and suppliers that company plans to hire 1,000 people this year, to fill new jobs and replace retirees.
manufactures Cessna, Hawker, Beechcraft
- USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) Carrier Strike Group Transits Suez Canal and enters 5th Fleet area of operations
- USAF Red Flag 19-3 July 14 - July 31
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project