SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Jan 18 Wed
- Kaman Aerosystems (Kaman) delivered first airframe from re-opened Kmax production line in Jacksonville, Florida
to company plant in Bloomfield, Connecticut where it will undergo final assembly, testing, and certification
more news from Kaman Aerospace kaman.com
- CHC Group contract with Siemens Wind Power GmbH to provide helicopter services in support of construction of
the Veja Mate offshore wind farm currently under construction in the German North Sea
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation (Sikorsky) Model S92A helicopters, which was sent previously to all known U.S. owners and operators
of these helicopters. This AD requires inspecting certain bearings. This AD is prompted by a report of a failed bearing.
- R22 Accident occurred Wednesday, January 04, 2017 in San Pedro, Calif.
NTSB preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.
- Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by compressing and fusing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
|Jan 17 Tue
- Santa Monica City Council to designate six-acre vacant portion of airport land for recreational use
-- more Santa Monica against the FAA
- Lockheed UK awarded Ministry of Defence contract for CROWSNEST Airborne Surveillance Programme.
CROWSNEST will be integrated onto existing Mk2 Merlin helicopter
- Elbit Systems contract to supply multi spectral BrightNite systems to an air force in a NATO country.
Enables helicopter pilots to gain advanced operational capabilities when flying in night and adverse weather conditions
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base Jan.14 Santa Barbara County, Calif
|Jan 16 Mon
- Honeywell new HTS900 engine proving its power as first Eagle Copters 407HP in region supports pilot and
engineering training in the hot and high environment of Papua New Guinea
- Leonardo new exploration and escort helicopter (NEES) for Italian Army
- NTSB Safety Alerts, Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Jan 14 Sat
- Sikorsky prototype project agreement for DARPA Phase III of Aircrew Labor In-cockpit Automation System (ALIAS) program
- US Navy and Raytheon completed two flight tests of the Tomahawk Block IV cruise missile, Southern Calif
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket ready for launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Jan.14 window open 9.54am pst
- Schedule 2017 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
|Jan 13 Fri
- Lockheed awarded US Navy development contract to provide MH-60 helicopters with enhanced electronic warfare
surveillance and countermeasure capabilities against anti-ship missile (ASM) threats, photo
- NTSB preliminary information, Robinson R44 II landed hard near the peak of Mount Baldy Dec.29,2016, in San Bernardino County, California
- FAA Safety Briefing, PAVE checklist, covering a pilot decision making process to
mitigate risks in terms of Pilot, Aircraft, enVironment, and External Pressures - Jan,Feb 2017
- US Navy 2017 Navy Week Schedule
- What to expect from space science in 2017
|Jan 12 Thu
- 200th operational F-35 departed Lockheed Fort Worth production facility and arrived at Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
- 2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
|Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project