SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
Friends have Tommy memories
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|June 19 Sat -- 2021 high 100s temps Calif
- Boeing 737-10 largest in MAX family completed first flight
- AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcat helicopter flies in front of destroyer USS Laboon part of formation with British Royal Navy, photo
- Tennessee National Guard Black Hawk medical helicopter crew in rescue after camper was injured in bear attack.
Unable to land due to terrain crewman lowered to patient by hoist, patient was stable enough for hoisting
- NTSB Preliminary Report - UH-60A helicopter destroyed when involved in accident near Leesburg International Airport, Leesburg, Florida.
Helicopter operated on post-maintenance test flight, new water tank and snorkel installed, snorkel violently swinging, snorkel contacting
main rotor blades or tailboom. May 25, 2021
- NTSB Preliminary Report - AS350B2 helicopter destroyed when involved in accident near Yukon, Oklahoma. Pilot and flight instructor received minor injuries.
Flight was for Initial Pilot Certification course. May 12, 2021
- NTSB Preliminary Report - Robinson R-44 helicopter substantially damaged when involved in accident near Wingate, North Carolina.
Operated as aerial application flight. One of the witnesses stated that it appeared as though the helicopter became entangled in the wires. May 2, 2021
- Bell H-1 Military helicopters surpass 400,000 flight hours, AH-1Z Viper, UH-1Y Venom
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - Latest Blog Post
- Liberty Aviation Museum 1928 Ford Tri-Motor 5-AT-B will return for EAA national tour in 2021
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Asilomar State Beach on Monterey Peninsula in city of Pacific Grove
- Tin City industrial makers market for craft wine, beer, spirits, Paso Robles
- US Army University Press May-June 2021 -
Why China massive fishing fleet should be closely monitored by military planners because of harmful activities below
threshold of conflict and potential use as paramilitary force
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- Pismo Beach, Calif
Pismo State Beach
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|June 18 Fri -- 2021 high 100s temps Calif
- HH-60G Pave Hawk prepares for takeoff at Moody AFB as a part of Heritage Flight with HH-60W Jolly Green II, photos
- USAF HC-130 Hercules performs helicopter air-to-air refueling with HH-60G Pave Hawk, photos
- Insitu Inc. (Bingen, Washington) awarded US Navy contract modification that increases ceiling to provide additional air vehicles, support equipment and
spares in support of RQ-21A Blackjack Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UASs) and ScanEagle UAS for Navy and Foreign Military Sales customers
more news from insitu.com
- US Space Force and mission partners launched fifth Global Positioning Systems (GPS) III Space Vehicle, Complex-40, Cape Canaveral, GPS III SV05 M-Code satellite, photo
- GAMA released general aviation aircraft shipments and billings report for first quarter 2021
- Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- FAA Safety Briefing - Sharing the Skies Safely May-June 2021
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- Eielson AFB, Alaska, Red Flag
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2021
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
- US coast Guard MH-65 helicopter program
|June 17 Thu -- 2021
- US Army partnership with Boeing and General Electric completed multi-year demonstration that powered NCH-47D Chinook with GE T408 turboshaft engine
- Montana Army National Guard may bring helicopter operations to Billings airport
- Helicopter from Montana Dept of Natural Resources and Conservation crash landed, high winds, crew exit wreckage safely (Deep Creek Fire)
UH1 helicopter rolled over and caught on fire, Townsend, MT
Montana firefighting agency 48hr stand-down of aircraft
- Georgia Air National Guard trained with civilian medical professionals and local authorities to respond to mass casualty scenario in Warner Robins, Georgia, photos
- H.R. 1262 would create a task force to recommend reforms and improvements to the notice to airmen system
- 2021 DoD AI Symposium and Technology Exchange, June 22-24, 2021
National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence (NSCAI) hosting Global Emerging Technology Summit in Washington, DC, July 2021
- US Army CH-47F Block II Chinook helicopter
Projected Activities, 1QFY21 (1)Limited User Test
4QFY21 (1)Milestone C, (2)Low Rate Initial Production
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) B-17 bomber Aluminum Overcast will return to full national tour in 2021.
First portion 2021 tour schedule includes stops in Florida and Georgia before move northward to additional locations through the spring and early summer
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, May 2021 Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- US Army Aviation Digest -
Righting the Aircraft in Times of Uncertainty - Jan-Mar 2021
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
- Airline passengers can obtain updated information on how to Fly Healthy
|June 16 Wed -- 2021
- GE released Version 6.0 Software update for CT7-2E1 turboshaft engine, introducing a number of benefits to civil and military engine operators.
Powers Leonardo AW189 super medium helicopter and Leonardo AW149 helicopter
- GE Aviation and Safran launched technology development program targeting more than 20 percent lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions compared to current engines
- Reagan Carrier Strike Group operating in the South China Sea. Flight operations with fixed and rotary wing aircraft,
maritime strike exercises, and coordinated tactical training between surface and air units
- Boeing awarded delivery order modification to existing U.S. Special Operations Command contract for procurement of
long-lead components and parts in support of MH-47G Chinook Block II production program.
- Arizona Emergency Information Network, updates fire activity
wildfire situation wildlandfire.az.gov
- A low-flying helicopter will soon be visible to residents of Custer and Fremont counties, Colorado.
Low-level flights coordinated by US Geological Survey scientists to image geology at the surface and below ground. June 4 thru August 31, 2021
- US Helicopter Safety Team "56 Seconds to Live"
Unintended Flight into Instrument Meteorological Conditions (UIMC) Awareness and Prevention Course available for pilots
- NASA and SpaceX latest blog
- SpaceX launch missions
- Mars 2020 mission - Perseverance rover 2021
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|June 15 Tue -- 2021
- Wildfire near Lake Casitas in Ojai Valley, SouthernCalif
- Suffolk County Vector Control plans to treat parts of marshes by helicopter to control mosquito larvae, NY
- Airman Knowledge Tests - New,Revised Test Question Activation Dates for 2021,2022. First change June 28, 2021
- FAA proposes civil penalties against four airline passengers for allegedly interfering with flight attendants who
instructed them to obey cabin crew instructions and various federal regulations
- FAA hosting Runway Safety Town Hall, June 16
- 64th Annual AEA International Convention & Trade Show Dallas, Texas, June 22-25, 2021, Aircraft Electronics Association
- CAL Fire Mendocino Unit conducting Basic Helicopter Operations and Safety and Air Rescue training in the areas of Lake Mendocino and Ridgewood Ranch.
Training conducted periodically between April 26, 2021 and August 1, 2021
- Mars Images
more Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- United plans to resume hiring pilots in May
more from united.mediaroom.com press
- Aviate program provides route to job offer with United Airlines
- Fly Safe Focus on Pilot and Mechanic Roles and Responsibilities
FlySafe topic looks at the importance of aircraft angle of attack awareness
- Rotorcraft Design Approvals - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program
|June 14 Mon
- Cal Fire Riverside County with Sikorsky S-70i Firehawk (Copter 301), Ryan Air Attack Base in Hemet, SouthernCalif
background CAL FIRE aviation program
- CAL FIRE incidents 2021
- NEO Surveyor new mission proposal designed to discover and characterize most of potentially hazardous asteroids that are near Earth
- Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- SpaceX launch updates
- FAA Aeronautical Raster Chart is a digital image of FAA VFR Chart
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF Week in Photos
- USAF F35A Demo Team for 2021 Airshow Season, All USAF Aerial Events
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
CH-53K performs Degraded Visual Environment flight testing in Yuma, Az
Sikorsky (Lockheed) and Boeing released details of DeFIANT X advanced helicopter for US Army Future Long Range Assault Aircraft competition (FLRAA).
Fastest, most maneuverable and most survivable assault helicopter Jan2021
Perseverance Mars rover has sent back first image Feb2021, more from
nasa.gov mars2020 blog
B-29 Doc tour schedule July-Aug 2021, St. Louis, MO (Spirit of St. Louis Airport), Terre Haute, IN, Cincinnati, OH (Lunken Air Field),
Cleveland, OH (Burke Lakefront Airport), Kalamazoo, MI (Air Zoo Aerospace & Science Experience),
EAA AirVenture (Oshkosh, WI with rides in Appleton, WI)
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky S-97 RAIDer helicopter flew two demonstrations before US Army officials at Redstone Arsenal, photo
NTSB determined probable cause of accident was pilot failure to properly manage B17G.
Pilot failure to properly manage airplane configuration and airspeed after he shutdown No.4 engine following its partial loss of power
during the initial climb. Contributing to the accident was the pilot/maintenance director inadequate maintenance while the airplane was
on tour, which resulted in the partial loss of power to Nos.3 and 4 engines; Collings Foundation ineffective safety management system
(SMS), which failed to identify and mitigate safety risks; and FAA inadequate oversight of Collings Foundation SMS
Video images from NASA Juno mission
Boeing delivering new technologies and performance improvements to US Special Operations Command with Block II Chinook helicopter.
Boeing Philadelphia team recently delivered first MH-47G Block II Chinook to SOCOM
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project