SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
Friends have Tommy memories
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|May 15 Sat -- 2021
- 301st Rescue Squadron partnered with 45th Security Forces Squadron Military Working Dog Section to provide HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopter
flight familiarization to one of their dogs, photos
- Bell 407 received Type Acceptance Certificate (TAC) in Bailiwick of Guernsey. Will allow more European customers to add the helicopter to their operations.
- Local firefighting agencies throughout South Dakota will participate in Black Hills Wildland Interagency Training (BHWIT).
South Dakota National Guard Aviation Unit will conduct joint training exercise which is designed to provide an annual refresher
training for Black Hawk Helicopter Unit as well as live training for ground personnel
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - Latest Blog Post
- Liberty Aviation Museum 1928 Ford Tri-Motor 5-AT-B will return for EAA national tour in 2021
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Asilomar State Beach on Monterey Peninsula in city of Pacific Grove
- Tin City industrial makers market for craft wine, beer, spirits, more
- US Army University Press Mar-Apr 2021- Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) present threats to US Army
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
Plan for Spring
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|May 14 Fri -- 2021
- Rescue Rodeo training exercise Yokota Air Base, Japan, photo
- Boeing start to deliver heavy-lift of RAF H-47(ER) Chinook helicopters in 2026, UK modernise fleet plan
- Textron Systems Corp. with US Navy contract for one-time mid-life upgrade engineering change proposal for the advanced boresight equipment (ABE) system
to modernize and bring 100 fielded domestic and Foreign Military Sales units up to the current commercial off the shelf configuration.
AH-1Z, AH-1W and MH-60R combat aircraft
- First Boeing-Saab T-7A Red Hawk advanced trainer joined perfectly with aft section
- Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- FAA Safety Briefing - Sharing the Skies Safely May-June 2021
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- Eielson AFB, Alaska, Red Flag
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2021
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
- US coast Guard MH-65 helicopter program
|May 13 Thu -- 2021
- Ingenuity Mars Helicopter flight in 3D video
- New York and Connecticut Army National Guard UH-60 helicopter aircrews and forest rangers with NY Dept of Environmental Conservation
training helicopter wildfire skills in exercise using Mohawk River as a water source and target, photos
- Airbus resumed work on modernisation of A320 Family industrial capabilities in Toulouse
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) B-17 bomber Aluminum Overcast will return to full national tour in 2021.
First portion 2021 tour schedule includes stops in Florida and Georgia before move northward to additional locations through the spring and early summer
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, April 2021 Maintaining the Stores
- US Army Aviation Digest -
Righting the Aircraft in Times of Uncertainty - Jan-Mar 2021
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
- Airline passengers can obtain updated information on how to Fly Healthy
|May 12 Wed -- 2021
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X 300th delivered to Jamaica Defence Force
- Leonardo customer service open Helicopter Training Academy, Philadelphia
- NASA and SpaceX latest blog
- SpaceX launch missions
- Mars 2020 mission - Perseverance rover 2021
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|May 11 Tue -- 2021
- CALfire Fire Hawk helicopter expected middle May for Mendocino County Northern Calif, from
background on CAL FIRE fleet of over 60 fixed and rotary wing aircraft
- 18th Aggressor Squadron (AGRS) and US military branches train Alaska Northern Edge 2021, photo
- F-15EX No.001 and 002 in Alaska skies for exercise Northern Edge 21, May 3-14, photos
- CAL Fire Mendocino Unit conducting Basic Helicopter Operations and Safety and Air Rescue training in the areas of Lake Mendocino and Ridgewood Ranch.
Training conducted periodically between April 26, 2021 and August 1, 2021
- Mars Images
more Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- United plans to resume hiring pilots in May
more from united.mediaroom.com press
- Aviate program provides route to job offer with United Airlines
- FlySafe topic looks at the importance of aircraft angle of attack awareness
FlySafe Explores ways for pilots to safely prepare and train for new or unfamiliar flight environments
- Rotorcraft Design Approvals - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program
|May 10 Mon -- 2021
- FAA marking more space launch activity areas on navigation charts
- Captain Kevin Cornell a Helicopter Instructor Pilot for the 54th Helicopter Squadron, Minot AFB, North Dakota
- Enstrom F-28F accident, had to auto-rotate to the ground and on impact one of the skids became
stuck in the ground and rolled on nose with rotor cutting the tail off, Palmer, Alaska
- Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- SpaceX launch updates
- FAA Aeronautical Raster Chart is a digital image of FAA VFR Chart
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF Week in Photos
- USAF F35A Demo Team for 2021 Airshow Season, All USAF Aerial Events
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
CH-53K performs Degraded Visual Environment flight testing in Yuma, Az
Sikorsky (Lockheed) and Boeing released details of DeFIANT X advanced helicopter for US Army Future Long Range Assault Aircraft competition (FLRAA).
Fastest, most maneuverable and most survivable assault helicopter Jan2021
Perseverance Mars rover has sent back first image Feb2021, more from
nasa.gov mars2020 blog
B-29 Doc tour schedule July-Aug 2021, St. Louis, MO (Spirit of St. Louis Airport), Terre Haute, IN, Cincinnati, OH (Lunken Air Field),
Cleveland, OH (Burke Lakefront Airport), Kalamazoo, MI (Air Zoo Aerospace & Science Experience),
EAA AirVenture (Oshkosh, WI with rides in Appleton, WI)
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky S-97 RAIDer helicopter flew two demonstrations before US Army officials at Redstone Arsenal, photo
NTSB determined probable cause of accident was pilot failure to properly manage B17G.
Pilot failure to properly manage airplane configuration and airspeed after he shutdown No.4 engine following its partial loss of power
during the initial climb. Contributing to the accident was the pilot/maintenance director inadequate maintenance while the airplane was
on tour, which resulted in the partial loss of power to Nos.3 and 4 engines; Collings Foundation ineffective safety management system
(SMS), which failed to identify and mitigate safety risks; and FAA inadequate oversight of Collings Foundation SMS
Video images from NASA Juno mission
Boeing delivering new technologies and performance improvements to US Special Operations Command with Block II Chinook helicopter.
Boeing Philadelphia team recently delivered first MH-47G Block II Chinook to SOCOM
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project