SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Nov 12 Tue
- Desiree Horton working as firefighting helicopter pilot california
- Eastern Australia bushfires, photos
- Boeing 737 MAX Progress Report
- Lockheed and US Navy working to transition F35 helmet technology from traditional LCD to Organic LED system.
Fix for green glow when flying in very low-light conditions on some night landings on aircraft carriers
- Nellis AFB Nov.16-17 salute to veterans at Aviation Nation 2019, Nevada, CH-53 Super Stallion Demo
- Aviate program provides route to job offer with United Airlines
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - Boeing CST-100 Starliner Pad Abort Test complete Nov.4,2019 White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
|Nov 11 Mon - Veterans Day
- Midway (2019) movie 2h 18min
-- Goofs, Errors imdb.com
US Navy Retired Cmdr. Richard H. "Dick" Best -- led dive bombing squadron VB-6 aboard USS Enterprise (CV 6)
Battle of Midway 3–7 June 1942
Midway (1976) movie 2h 12min, Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda
- Intermountain Healthcare (Utah based) will add sixth AW109 GrandNew light twin helicopter
to Intermountain Life Flight air ambulance, EMS program
- Los Angeles Fire Dept honored Camarillo resident during Valor Awards ceremony for performing helicopter rescue during Woolsey Fire
-- rescue video abc7.com
- Boeing proposal to NASA for integrated Human Lander System (HLS) designed to safely take astronauts to
surface of the moon and return them to lunar orbit as part of Artemis space exploration program
- FAA proposes to adopt new airworthiness directive (AD) for various helicopters operating under experimental airworthiness certificates
and various type certificated restricted category helicopters. Proposed AD prompted by multiple accidents and incidents involving failure
of tail boom attachment structure and bolts. FAA must receive comments on this proposed AD by December 16, 2019.
EH-1H, EH-1X, HH-1H, HH-1N, UH-1D, UH-1M, UH-1N, and UH-1V helicopters operating under experimental airworthiness certificates
and for restricted category type certificated Model HH-1K, TH-1F, TH-1L, UH-1A, UH-1B without STC No. SR00026DE installed, UH-1E,
UH-1F, UH-1H, UH-1L, and UH-1P helicopters
- FAA - Airman Knowledge Sample Test Questions -
Airline Transport Sample Questions Helicopter – ATH Effective June 28, 2019
Private Pilot Helicopter Sample Questions – PRH Effective June 28, 2019
Instrument Rating Helicopter Sample Questions – IRH Effective June 28, 2019
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations 2019
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Nov 9 Sat
- New HH-60W combat rescue helicopter at new home Eglin Air Force Base, Fla, photos
- Kaman Aerospace will deliver new K-MAX(r) medium-to-heavy lift helicopter to Helicopter Express of Chamblee, Georgia
more kaman.com News Aerospace
- Tin City industrial makers market for craft wine, beer, spirits, more
- California fall color guide
- Big Boy steam locomotive No. 4014 touring Union Pacific system throughout 2019 to commemorate transcontinental railroad 150th anniversary
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park, California
- Mineral King Campgrounds, tent camping only, Sequoia National Park California
- Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument
- US Army University Press September-October 2019, dealing with China
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|Nov 8 Fri
- John Deere and Volocopter presenting large drone adapted for agricultural use at AGRITECHNICA
- Lockheed appointment of Andrew Adams to oversee all strategic and operational aspects of Future Vertical Lift Campaign
- US State Department approving possible Foreign Military Sale to United Arab Emirates of ten (10) CH-47F Chinook cargo helicopters
and related equipment for estimated cost of 830.3m
- Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute partnering on permanent static display for F-117 Nighthawk nickname Unexpected Guest
- Two helicopter technical rescue teams, Tenn, Nashville Fire Department partnering with Tennessee Army Guard, Tennessee Highway Patrol
- Airbus Helicopters AD -
FAA proposes to adopt new airworthiness directive (AD) for Airbus Helicopters Model AS332C, AS332C1, AS332L, and AS332L1 helicopters.
Proposed AD would require inspecting attachment screws of each main gearbox (MGB) suspension bar rear attachment fitting,
and depending on the outcome, applying a sealing compound, performing further inspections, and replacing affected parts.
Proposed AD prompted by reports of elongated attachment screw and loss of tightening torque of the nut.
comment period ends in 60 days January 7, 2020
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2019
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (Sept 2019)
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- FAA Safety Briefing - emergencies in aviation - Sept/Oct 2019
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2019, 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|Nov 7 Thu
- Airbus test delivery by drone in northern France
- Three helicopter squadrons from 582nd Helicopter Group represented during Global Strike Challenge 2019 helicopter operations
competition at Camp Guernsey, Wyoming
- U.S. coalition secure sea lines vital to oil shipping in Middle East
U.S. Naval Forces Central Command to provide expanded interface between military and merchant shipping
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, Oct 2019 Interactions in Sync – or Not
- US Army Aviation Digest - Improving Army Gray Eagle
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|Nov 6 Wed
- Bell (Textron) announced Life Flight Network purchase agreement for four Bell 429s and four Bell 407GXis,
add to existing Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) fleet, photo
- FAA National Drone Safety Awareness Week November 4-10, 2019
- Lithuanian Ministry of Defence primarily plan to buy six UH-60M BlackHawk helicopters, estimated cost 300m.
Letter of Offer and Acceptance by the end of 2020, late 2024 delivery.
History BlackHawk wikipedia.org
- Voyager 2 entered interstellar space, region between stars
- National Transportation Safety Board to hold public board meeting Dec.10, 2019
on Fatal Doors-Off Helicopter Crash Subject
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project