SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Sep 14 Sat
- Boeing 702X family of software-defined satellites, highlighting 1,900kg variant for geosynchronous orbit.
702X technology enables operators to adapt to changing market conditions by dynamically allocating bandwidth
- Amazon announced Regional Air Hub at Fort Worth Alliance Airport will open in October
-Mineral King Campgrounds, tent camping only, Sequoia National Park California
- Southern California desert, land of little rain
- Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument
- US Army University Press September-October 2019, dealing with China
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Winter 2019, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|Sep 13 Fri
- US space systems threaten by China
France will develop satellites armed with laser weapons
- USMC Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Squadron 1 provides Theater Support and Proof of Concept
- NASA building Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST). Space telescope measurements will help illuminate dark energy puzzle
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (July 2019)
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- FAA Safety Briefing - emergencies in aviation - Sept/Oct 2019
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2019, 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|Sep 12 Thu
- Walker Wildfire, 20 Helicopters, 49,272 acres, Plumas County
- Taboose Wildfire, 10 helicopters, 9385 acres, Unit Information Inyo National Forest, Bishop, Calif
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, Aug 2019 What Would You Have Done
- US Army Aviation Digest - Improving Army Gray Eagle
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|Sep 11 Wed
- Preliminary findings 0f Norway crash prompted Airbus Helicopters to call for precautionary checks on parts linking engine and main gearbox
of selected helicopters. Emergency airworthiness directive issued by European Union Aviation Safety Agency.
- US Army Futures Command exploring swarming formations of robotic systems, photo
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|Sep 10 Tue
- US Army anticipates fielding first Future Vertical Lift aircraft by 2030.
Modernizing and maintaining current helicopters vitally important.
Improved Turbine Engine Program - General Electric Aviation contract by US Army to engineer, manufacture, and develop ITEP
- Leonardo displays new generation AW149 combines versatility, safety and survivability, DSEI 2019 exhibition
- Boeing statement on 777X Load Testing
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - practiced removing astronauts from Crew Dragon spacecraft
|Sep 9 Mon
- Kaman Aerospace received new order for Kmax helicopter. Delivery expected in fourth quarter of 2019, photo
- Airbus Helicopters delivered 1,000th Super Puma twin-engine helicopter to German Federal Police, photo
- Boeing 777X setback during high-pressure stress test on the ground when one of the doors exploded outward
- B-1B weapons capacity demonstration of expanded carriage at Edwards Air Force Base, California, photos
- FAA - Airman Knowledge Sample Test Questions -
Airline Transport Sample Questions Helicopter – ATH Effective June 28, 2019
Private Pilot Helicopter Sample Questions – PRH Effective June 28, 2019
Instrument Rating Helicopter Sample Questions – IRH Effective June 28, 2019
- USAF Green Flag 19-10 Aug. to Sep. 2019
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project