SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Jun 21 Thu
- US Air Force announced that each UH-1N Huey location will receive replacement aircraft between 2020 and 2032
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC) in Edwards, California received eight awards
for small businesses to advance research and technology
- X-5 jet maiden flight June 20, 1951, was first aircraft capable of changing the sweep of wings in flight, photo
- US Army Aviation Digest
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Spring 2018, Torrance, Calif
|Jun 20 Wed
- Bell Helicopter and Safran collaboration on development of hybrid electric propulsion systems for future air taxi and VTOL systems
- FedEx Express new order for 12 Boeing 767 Freighters and 12 Boeing 777 Freighters
- IBM AI system Project Debater debates with humans
|Jun 19 Tue
- Two juveniles arrested accused of shining laser pointer at police helicopter, Southern Calif
- GoFly has 10 winners in Phase I of competition.
Phase I teams submit design of personal flying device that takes off vertically, safely and quietly and carries someone at least 20 miles
- Sonex Aircraft collaboration with High Performance Aircraft Group to showcase SubSonex Personal Jet. High Performance Aircraft Group
debuted the SubSonex at Pylon Racing Seminar, Reno Stead airport in preparation and training for National Championship Air Races in September
- Special Conditions - Bell Helicopter (Textron) Model 525 Helicopters - Flight Envelope Protection -
helicopter will have novel design feature associated with fly-by-wire flight control system (FBW FCS) flight envelope protection -
comment period that ends 07.23.2018
- Events - Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Jun 18 Mon
- Hong Kong based Government Flying Service (GFS) received three H175s in public services configuration.
Other H175 variant options are search and rescue (SAR), emergency medical services, law enforcement, firefighting
- Report from U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission created by United States Congress.
China bolstered involvement in Pacific Islands region, which comprises three U.S. territories and three countries
freely associated with the United States that are important for US defense interests in the Indo-Pacific
- 416 wildfire approximately 10 miles north of Durango, Colorado -
Helicopters, Five Type 1, two Type 2, two Type 3
- Rotors and Ribs evening of Friday, July 6, Goshen Municipal Airport, Indiana
- USAF Red Flag schedule for fiscal year 2018, July 13 to Aug. 3
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Jun 16 Sat
- NTSB probable cause(s) of this accident - AS 350B2 EMS -
Pilot decision to perform visual flight rules flight into night instrument meteorological conditions, which resulted in loss of control due
to spatial disorientation. Contributing to accident was self-induced pressure to complete mission despite weather conditions
and operator inadequate oversight of flight by operational control center
- Restorers of North American XP-82 Twin Mustang plan to make EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018
- US Department of Transportation and FAA taking steps to advance development of civil supersonic aircraft
- Yosemite NP Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias reopens after restoration project
- Weekend at Pismo Beach, Calif
- Calendar Grand Canyon NP
- Schedule 2018 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
Day Use Parks
more travel laTimes.com
|Jun 15 Fri
- Robinson Helicopter received orders for additional R44 Cadets from universities of North Dakota (UND) and Southern Utah (SUU)
- US Army BlackHawk helicopters less capable for some missions conducted by Afghanistan Air Force
- Military helicopter rotor blade struck control tower, Griffiss International Airport, New York
- Pratt Whitney (United Technologies) establishment of GatorWorks that will focus on rapid and agile
development of dependable, lower cost military engines
- Boeing indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for system configuration sets and associated services in support
of the life cycle upgrades of F/A-18A/B, C/D, E/F and EA-18G aircraft for the Navy and foreign military sales (FMS) customers, US Navy
- FAA Safety Briefing for May,June 2018 - Center of Excellence for General Aviation research
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy 2018 Navy Week Schedule
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
NTSB Aviation Accident Final Report - Bell 206B 02/18/2016 probable cause
The in-flight failure of the engine-to-transmission drive shaft due to improper maintenance, which resulted in low main rotor rpm and a subsequent hard landing to water
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|2018 California Capital Airshow,
September 21-23, Sacramento Mather Airport
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project