SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Mar 22 Fri
- Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight at West Palm Beach, Florida. Next generation of military helicopters
as part of US Army Future Vertical Lift program, photos
- Bell Helicopter (Textron) teaming agreement with Rolls-Royce for development of optimized propulsion system and continued risk
reduction efforts aimed at V-280 Valor and V-247 advanced vertical lift platforms
- US Marines practiced seizing small island in training exercise.
Some say may be necessary in South and East China Seas
- Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited (Bell) Model 429 helicopters. AD revises the life limit for the nose landing gear (NLG) assembly.
This AD was prompted by revised airworthiness limitations determined by Bell. The actions of this AD are intended to prevent an unsafe
condition on these products. AD is effective March 26, 2019
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (Feb 2019)
- FAA Safety Briefing - ADS-B Out — A One Year Countdown, January/February 2019
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|Mar 21 Thu
- US Army will halt future procurement of CH-47F Chinook cargo helicopter.
Future Vertical Lift will replace the aging helicopter fleet with aerial platforms that have greater speed, maneuverability, and lethality
- Sikorsky (LockheedMartin) recognized County of Los Angeles Fire Dept Air Operations for
efforts in combating last November devastating Woolsey Fire with firefighting helicopters, three S70A Sikorsky FireHawk
- Boeing 3 year contract award for 78 FA18 Block III Super Hornets
- Lockheed delivered first of four HC-130J Combat King II aircraft to New York Air National Guard 106th Rescue Wing
- FAA proposes to amend rules applicable to operation of small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). Rulemaking would allow operations of
small unmanned aircraft over people in certain conditions and operations of small UAS at night without obtaining a waiver.
Send comments on or before April 15, 2019
- More Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, March 2019 What Would You Have Done
- US Army Aviation Digest - Intelligence Support for an Attack Reconnaissance Battalion (AH-64D Apaches)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team - Schedule May 4-5 Chino, CA
|Mar 20 Wed
- Airbus responded to Australia request for information for four-tonne class, rapidly deployable, multi-role helicopter
for Australian Special Forces. H145M helicopter the military version of H145, photo
- Pacific Partnership personnel partnered with Philippines (AFP) and Philippine emergency responders to train in enroute
medical care helicopter operations in Tacloban, photo
- AS350 crashed into power pole while it was stringing powerlines, South Australia outback
- Mark thirty years V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft, by Bell Helicopter (Textron) and Boeing, photo
- DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|Mar 19 Tue
- SARA for Sikorsky Autonomy Research Aircraft.
Sikorsky Matrix Technology suite of systems to boost helicopter safety by reducing pilot workload
more Matrix Technology
- Airbus has begun shore-to-ship trials in Singapore with Skyways parcel delivery drone, photo
- RollsRoyce step towards plan to provide hybrid-electric propulsion systems for next generation of aviation. Ground tests of hybrid system
using M250 gas turbine engine usually powering helicopters. Tests part of comprehensive hybrid aerospace turbine engine development and
integration programmes and pave the way for experimental flights on aircraft in 2021.
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - April timeframe for Orbital Flight Test for Boeing 2019
|Mar 18 Mon
- DART Aerospace wearplates will protect landing gear on Canadian Coast Guard Bell 429 fleet
- DART Aerospace introducing new H130 Landing Gear
- California Highway Patrol helicopter lifted surfer from steep, rocky cliffside
- Boeing CEO Muilenburg statement on Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 Accident Investigation
- USAF Red Flag 19-2 March 8 - March 22
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- FAA Fly Safe - Prevent Loss of Control Accidents - Many events occurred in approach phase of flight,
and many of those accidents resulted from an unstabilized approach or a failure to go around
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Mar 16 Sat
- Lafayette helicopter firm PHI Inc. files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- First Boeing 777X display for employees inside manufacturing facility in Everett, Washington
- Super bloom in Carrizo Plain National Monument in San Luis Obispo County, California
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Winter 2019, Torrance, Calif
- Calif Typical Flowering Dates
Wildflowers in bloom San Luis Obispo County
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
background northeast of San Diego
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project