SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Jan 19 Fri
- Honeywell cockpit technologies selected by United Airlines to outfit new fleet of Boeing 737 MAX airplanes.
Flight deck package SmartRunway, SmartLanding, and will feature IntuVue RDR-4000 3D Weather Radar System and Integrated Multi-Mode Receiver
- USAF B-52 Stratofortress at Spain Air Base in Europe to conduct theater integration and training, photos
B-52H Stratofortress assigned to Air Force Global Strike Command touches down at RAF Fairford, England, photos
- Launch attempt of GEO Flight-4 scrubbed due to ground issue associated with booster liquid oxygen system.
SBIRS GEO Flight-4 satellite ready for planned Jan.18 launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida,
on United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket
- FAA Safety Briefing for January,February 2018 - back to the basics
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
|Jan 18 Thu
- FAA adopting a new airworthiness directive (AD) for Bell Helicopter Textron (Bell) Model 204B, 205A, and 205A-1 helicopters with
a Helicopter Technology Company (HTC) main rotor (M/R) blade installed.
AD becomes effective February 1, 2018, comments on this AD by March 19, 2018
- National Transportation Safety Board Aviation Accident Final Report - BELL 525
experimental research and development helicopter was undergoing developmental flight tests before type certification
- Helicopter crashed in the mountains near New Mexico and Colorado border
- USAF first fully upgraded C-130H arrived Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., photos.
Test and evaluation on new modified propeller system and engines
- US Army Aviation Digest - Leader Development
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Fall 2017, Torrance, Calif
|Jan 17 Wed
- USAF Six B-52H Stratofortress bombers deploying to Andersen AFB, Guam, Continuous Bomber Presence mission, photos
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California preview of events planned for 2018
|Jan 16 Tue
- UK Army commemorative flight for last Lynx helicopter
- Helicopter crash in Wood County, Ohio, FirstEnergy contractors doing transmission line inspection work
- Rolls-Royce to operate jet engine testbed at Alliance Airport in Fort Worth, Texas
|Jan 15 Mon
- Helicopters airlifted people stranded in Swiss ski resort of Zermatt trapped in mountain village for two days
- Amphibious assault ship USS Wasp (LHD 1) arrived Sasebo, Japan after journey from Norfolk.
Upgrades to be able to land and launch US Marine F-35B Joint Strike Fighter
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Jan 13 Sat
- US Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew rescue in Santa Barbara County, Calif video
dvidshub.net US Coast Guard Pacific Area
- Amtrak trains way to get from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara
- Point Mugu Calif State Park, located in Santa Monica Mountains, five miles of ocean shoreline
- Review CES 2018 Las Vegas
- Schedule 2018 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
Day Use Parks
more travel laTimes.com
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project