SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Nov 17 Fri
- General Electric Aviation with US Navy contract for procurement of 22 low-rate initial production Lot 1 and 2 T408-GE-400
turboshaft engines for CH-53K helicopter
- Aircraft and helicopter in mid-air over Buckinghamshire UK
- NTSB preliminary information, Hughes 369D helicopter was not damaged when external cargo long line severed after contacting a shield wire
suspended between power transmission towers located near Sulphur, Louisiana. The two linemen who were being hoisted on the long line were
fatally injured when they fell about 100 ft to the ground
- 2017 Air Force Global Strike Command Innovation and Technology Symposium
- FAA granted waiver from small drone rules (Part 107) to Cevitasnow in Columbus, OH, to allow the company to operate a
helium-filled Aerotain Skye tethered aircraft over people on the ground
- FAA Safety Briefing for November,December 2017 - explores flight simulation technology and evolving impact on aviation safety
- US Navy 2017 Navy Week Schedule
|Nov 16 Thu
- CH-53K King Stallion takes off from NAS Patuxent River for orientation flight, Maryland, photo
- US ok Lockheed CH-53K heavy-lift helicopter to fly at Berlin air show next April 2017
- BAE Systems developed low cost, lightweight, flexible system that can block dangerous laser light to protect pilots
and flight crew from hostile attacks
- US Marine finished deploying squadron of F-35B to Japan with arrival of three Lighting IIs at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni
- Lockheed handed over full operational control of fifth Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) satellite to Naval Satellite Operations Center
- FAA issued updated Advisory Circular (AC) for aircraft system designers, installers and operators seeking design
and use guidance for hosting electronic flight bag (EFB) applications on both portable devices and installed equipment
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Fall 2017, Torrance, Calif
|Nov 15 Wed
- UK Merlin Mk2s, Sea King Mk 7s helicopters simulate mass deployment of aircraft, photos
- NTSB preliminary information, Witness on the ground observed R44 helicopter hovering and
as it started to turn the tail of the helicopter hit the power lines
- Lockheed Fury unmanned air vehicle (UAV) engine updates that will further increase flight endurance, 15 continuous hours, photo
- Airbus with Memorandum of Understanding with Indigo for large number of airplanes
|Nov 14 Tue
- Sikorsky S92 helicopter approved for Offshore and Utility Type Certificate by Mexico Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics.
All production configurations including offshore oil and gas transportation, search and rescue, regional airline passenger service
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X certification by European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Bell Boeing V-22 fleet of tiltrotor (CV-22,MV-22) surpassed 400,000 flight hour milestone
- Boeing reports that over the next 20 years the Middle East will see significant
demand for commercial airline pilots, technicians and cabin crew
|Nov 13 Mon
- Abu Dhabi Aviation (ADA) contract for two additional AW139 intermediate twin engine helicopters for offshore transport mission
- Sierra Nevada Corp (SNC) atmospheric Free-Flight test of Dream Chaser spacecraft.
Full-scale Dream Chaser test vehicle lifted from Columbia Helicopters 234-UT Chinook then released and
flew a pre-planned flight path ending with autonomous landing on Runway 22L at Edwards Air Force Base, California
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Nov 11 Sat
- US Army UH-60 BlackHawk helicopters provided air movement to ROTC cadets from Baylor University
to Fort Hood Leadership Reaction Course
- Boeing completed acquisition of Aurora Flight Sciences developer and manufacturer of advanced aerospace platforms and autonomous systems
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- JPSS-1 scheduled to launch Tue. Nov. 14 at 1:47am PST from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
NOAA JPSS-1 next generation of polar-orbiting environmental satellites
- Schedule 2017 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
Day Use Parks
more travel latimes.com
NTSB safety alert, better fuel management by aviators could prevent an average of 50 general aviation accidents a year Flying on Empty
- Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project