SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|May 26 Sat
- Huey helicopter hard landing, tail rotor failure, Olympia Regional Airport, Washington
- UK Commando Merlin Mk4 helicopter, Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) Yeovilton, photos
- UK Royal Marines Wildcat helicopter flies past warships gathered in waters between the Indonesian islands of Bali and Lombok,
naval exercises in Asia, photos
- Northern, Central, Southern California road trips
- Friends of the Inyo exploring new places
- Calendar Grand Canyon NP
- Schedule 2018 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
Day Use Parks
more travel laTimes.com
|May 25 Fri
- Delivery of first AW101 Commando Merlin Mk4 helicopter, ceremony at Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton, photo.
Plan deliver ten of the 25 AW101 Commando Merlins by the end of 2018
- Hawaii National Guard UH-60 BlackHawk helicopters conducting aerial surveys to monitor the lava and check on fissures, photo
- US Marine Corps has refined vision for large sea-based unmanned aerial system
- Aurora Autonomous Aerial Cargo Utility System delivered cargo to US Marines in Integrated Training Exercise at
USMC Air Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms, California
- Boeing benefits of Block III Super Hornets.
FY18 budget requirement for 80 Super Hornets over next 5yrs as part of Future Years Defense Program
- FAA Safety Briefing for May,June 2018 - Center of Excellence for General Aviation research
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy 2018 Navy Week Schedule
|May 24 Thu
- Bell Helicopter (Textron) opened new Advanced Vertical Lift Center (AVLC) in Washington DC metro area.
Provides setting for military customers, partners and policy makers to interact with technology that is defining the future of vertical lift
- Metro Aviation expands with Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center AirCare medical program, North Carolina
- Lockheed fired two production representative Long Range Anti-Ship Missiles (LRASM) from US Air Force B-1B, Sea Range at Point Mugu, California
- US Army Aviation Digest
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Spring 2018, Torrance, Calif
|May 23 Wed
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) purchase order for Sikorsky S-70 BlackHawk to be modified
into FireHawk firefighting configuration. California Assembly and Senate budget subcommittees approving budget for up to 12 FireHawk
aircraft to replace UH-1H fleet over the next five years
- Lockheed Stalker eXtended Endurance (XE) unmanned aerial system (UAS) upgraded with vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) capability
- NBAA has urged a federal appeals court to legally void a deal between FAA and city of Santa Monica, CA, which allows the city
to shorten the runway and provides the option to close Santa Monica Municipal Airport (SMO) after 2028
- GRACE-FO spacecraft that will observe Earth changing water cycle, ice sheets and crust launched Vandenberg Air Force Base, California,
Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow-On mission
- FAA propose to adopt new airworthiness directive (AD) for Robinson Helicopter Company Model R66 helicopters.
Proposed AD would require replacing the tail rotor drive shaft yoke assembly and inspecting for sealant.
This proposed AD is prompted by reports of tail rotor driveshaft failures.
FAA must receive comments on this proposed AD by May 29, 2018
|May 22 Tue
- Air Zermatt delivery of Bell 429 helicopter, Switzerland
- FAA rule Boeing 777-8 and 777-9 airplanes with folding Wingtips
- FAA Fly Safe - Prevent Loss of Control Accidents
- FAA modifies restrictions on UAV operations over DoD facilities
- Helicopter Day - May 26 Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|May 21 Mon
- Helicopter down during guided hunt 4 injured, Montague County, North Texas
- Helicopter down in marshland around Boutte in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana
- US Navy fleet Readiness Center East received, modified and delivered F-35C Lightning II
- ISS resupply mission Orbital ATK Antares rocket launch NASA Wallops Flight Facility, Virginia
- Local middle and high school students with disabilities learn science of 3D printing
- USAF Red Flag schedule for fiscal year 2018, July 13 to Aug. 3
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
NTSB Aviation Accident Final Report - Bell 206B 02/18/2016 probable cause
The in-flight failure of the engine-to-transmission drive shaft due to improper maintenance, which resulted in low main rotor rpm and a subsequent hard landing to water
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project