SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
Friends have Tommy memories
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Sept 28 Tue -- 2021
- NASA will stand down from commanding Mars missions for next few weeks while Earth and the Red Planet are on opposite sides of the Sun
- US Navy awarded Boeing production contract for five P-8A Poseidon aircraft for Germany
- Collins Aerospace to offer Viasat Ka-band in-flight connectivity (IFC) system for mid- and large-cabin business aircraft.
Viasat offers three IFC solutions for the business aviation market: Ka-band, Ku Advanced, and Dual Ku-Ka-band
- Landsat 9 lifted off from Vandenberg Space Force Base on Sept.27,2021. Satellite will extend five-decade record of observations of Earth, photo
Landsat 9 satellite overview
- Atlas V carried NASA Launch Program Landsat 9 observatory satellite and placed it into near-polar,
sun-synchronous orbit from Vandenberg Space Force Base, marked historic 2000th launch from Western Range, photos
- GE Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Airman Knowledge Tests - New,Revised Test Question Activation Dates for 2021,2022. First change June 28, 2021
- Mars Images
more Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- United Airlines news
- Aviate program provides route to job offer with United Airlines
- Rotorcraft Design Approvals - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program
|Sept 27 Mon -- 2021
- 1st Helicopter Squadron along with firefighters from 316th Civil Engineer Squadron held live rescue and
egress training on flightline, Joint Base Andrews Md.
- Bell 407 helicopter (record 1) was lifting off for departure and drifted backwards into Bell 407 helicopter (record 2), Patterson, Louisiana
- US Navy accepted delivery of first new-production Block III F/A-18 Super Hornet, photo
- B-1B Lancer taxis at Edwards AFB, California for final flight to boneyard at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona, photos.
Pave the way for B-21 Raider
- 525 Experience Center at Stavanger Airport in Norway
- Planes of Fame Air Museum 2021 Airshow cancelled. Was scheduled for Oct.30 and Oct.31 at Chino Airport, Calif
- Landsat 9 scheduled for launch on Monday, Sept.27, Vandenberg Space Force Base California
- Team Vandenberg scheduled to launch United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket carrying the NASA Launch Program Landsat 9
observatory into a near-polar, sun-synchronous orbit from Space Launch Complex-3 here Monday, Sept. 27, with launch
window opening at 11:11am Pacific Daylight Time
- Mars Mound from Ingenuity Helicopter Perspective in 3D
- B-29 Doc History Restored Tour will resume 2021 tour season with stops in Albuquerque, NM, Chino, Calif, and Inyokern, Calif.
Chino will be hosted by Yanks Air Museum, Thursday, Sept. 23 - Sunday, Sept. 26.
- CH-53K helicopter has cost overruns and schedule delays, Mar 04, 2021
Contract to build nine CH-53K King Stallion helicopters with an additional contract option
for nine more awarded to Sikorsky, Jun 25, 2021
- NASA, Boeing, United Launch Alliance updates on launch of Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2) to International Space Station
Atlas V rocket, Starliner
- CAF B-29,B-24 Squadron leader announced that CAF B-24 Diamond Lil ready to roll and ride
- SpaceX launch updates
- FAA Aeronautical Raster Chart is a digital image of FAA VFR Chart
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF Week in Photos
- USAF F35A Demo Team for 2021 Airshow Season, All USAF Aerial Events
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Sept 24 Sat -- 2021
- Ceremony for first Connecticut built Sikorsky CH-54K King Stallion helicopter held in hangar at Sikorsky headquarters in Stratford, Connecticut
CH-53K King Stallion logs first fleet mission
CH-53K King Stallion helicopter, heavy lift, TV
- US Coast Guard rescued missing hiker from ravine in southeast area of Olympic National Park
- Readiness Center East completed work on first UH-1N Huey helicopter to undergo service at facility in Kinston North Carolina Global TransPark, photos
- USAF and Lockheed deployed Rapid Dragon munition pallets from C-17 and EC-130 aircraft and released surrogate JASSM-ERs
in system-level flights conducted over White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico photo
- NTSB Preliminary Report - UH-60A helicopter destroyed when involved in accident near Leesburg International Airport, Leesburg, Florida.
Helicopter operated on post-maintenance test flight, new water tank and snorkel installed, snorkel violently swinging, snorkel contacting
main rotor blades or tailboom. May 25, 2021
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - Latest Blog Post
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Asilomar State Beach on Monterey Peninsula in city of Pacific Grove
- Tin City industrial makers market for craft wine, beer, spirits, Paso Robles
- US Army University Press Sept-Oct 2021 - Enduring Competition
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- Pismo Beach, Calif
Pismo State Beach
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|Sept 24 Fri -- 2021
- UH-60 BlackHawk joint K-9 helicopter training mission at Incirlik Air Base, photos
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg PD Aviation Unit received new Bell 407 GXi Helicopter equipped with newest technologies and features, Charlotte, N.C.
- Bell Textron delivered Bell 407GXi with Instrument Flight Rules kit to Ukrainian corporate customer
- First Air Force CV-22 Osprey designated for nacelle improvement modifications arrived at Bell Amarillo Assembly Center
- 33rd Rescue Squadron HH-60 PaveHawk helicopter training missions cover many aspects needed
during rescue such as low-level flying, hoisting, water operations, entering contested environments, photos
- Rate of unruly passenger incidents on commercial flights has dropped sharply since FAA launched
Zero Tolerance campaign but the rate remains too high
- Helicopter survey over Lemhi and Custer Counties west of Salmon, Idaho from September 6 to October 18, 2021.
- NASA and SpaceX continuing plans to launch Crew-3 astronauts to ISS as early as Sunday Oct.31
- Sikorsky-Boeing SB1 DeFIANT helicopter demonstrated cargo capacity by lifting 5,300lbs
Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System training load during test flight at Sikorsky Development Flight Center, Florida
- Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- FAA Safety Briefing - Focuses on airports and airspace, September-October 2021
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- Eielson AFB, Alaska, Red Flag
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2021
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
- US coast Guard MH-65 helicopter program
|Sept 23 Thu -- 2021
- USAF Retired after 31 years and nearly 8,000hrs HH-60G Pavehawk Helicopter No.223, photos.
Primary mission of HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopter is to conduct day or night personnel recovery operations into hostile environments
- Shell plan to produce around 2 million tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) a year by 2025
- EFW Inc., Fort Worth, Texas, contract for Integrated Helmet and Display Sight System spares that support AH-64 Apache helicopter, Defense Logistics Agency
- KC-130J Super Hercules with Harvest Hawk modified final aircraft, photo
- Fact Sheet - Total of 54 CV-22 Osprey tiltrotor scheduled to be delivered by the end of 2021, photo
- NASA and SpaceX continuing plans to launch Crew-3 astronauts to ISS as early as Sunday Oct.31. Updates on Boeing CST-100 Starliner
- US Army CH-47F Block II Chinook helicopter
Projected Activities, 1QFY21 (1)Limited User Test
4QFY21 (1)Milestone C, (2)Low Rate Initial Production
- DoD Artificial Intelligence
National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, August 2021 Amateur, Homebuilt, Experimental Phenomena
- US Army Aviation Digest -
Army Aerial Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance - April-June 2021
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
- Airline passengers can obtain updated information on how to Fly Healthy
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) B-17 bomber Aluminum Overcast tour.
Airplane grounded for full inspection that determined replacing part necessary
|Sept 22 Wed -- 2021
- Sikorsky (Lockheed) approved use of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) (biofuel) for S-92 helicopter as an alternative to petroleum-based
fuels and the aircraft completed its first flight. GE Aviation manufactures the CT7-8A engines. photo
- Airbus announced plans for new CityAirbus at "Pioneering Sustainable Aerospace" for emerging Urban Air Mobility (UAM) market.
Fully electric vehicle equipped with fixed wings, a V-shaped tail, and eight electrically powered propellers, photo
- Kaman Corp unveiled the KARGO UAV newest addition to family of purpose-built, autonomous unmanned systems designed to be
the new standard for expeditionary logistics. KARGO UAV system is purpose-built to provide deployed Marines, Sailors, Airmen, Soldiers,
and Coast Guard autonomous resupply
- FAA awarded more than 431.8m in grants to build safer, more sustainable and more accessible airports across United States
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for certain Robinson Helicopter Company Model R44 and R44 II helicopters.
AD was prompted by reports of cracked tail rotor blades (blades). AD requires checking each blade for any crack and removing
any cracked blade from service. AD is effective September 22, 2021
- Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund opening of 2022 scholarship season. Must be submitted by October 3rd, 2021
- Lucy spacecraft in Florida before embarking on mission to study Jupiter Trojan asteroids.
Scheduled to launch on United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station on Oct.16
- US Army Improved Turbine Engine Program model for Additive Manufacturing (AM).
AM in designing and developing new technologies to deliver long-term performance,
reliability, maintainability, and cost savings benefits
- NTSB Probable Cause - loss of Bell 206 helicopter control after entry into vortex ring state, North Carolina
- US Helicopter Safety Team "56 Seconds to Live"
Unintended Flight into Instrument Meteorological Conditions (UIMC) Awareness and Prevention Course available for pilots
- NASA and SpaceX latest blog
- SpaceX launch missions
- Mars 2020 mission - Perseverance rover 2021
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
MC-130J Air Commando II conducts helicopter air-to-air refueling with MH-60 Black Hawk, exercise Talisman Sabre 21,
Queensland, Australia, July 26, 2021, photo
HH-60G Pave Hawk prepares for takeoff at Moody AFB as a part of Heritage Flight with HH-60W Jolly Green II, photos
USAF HC-130 Hercules performs helicopter air-to-air refueling with HH-60G Pave Hawk, photos
CH-53K performs Degraded Visual Environment flight testing in Yuma, Az
Sikorsky (Lockheed) and Boeing released details of DeFIANT X advanced helicopter for US Army Future Long Range Assault Aircraft competition (FLRAA).
Fastest, most maneuverable and most survivable assault helicopter Jan2021
- Nanoparticles and Nanomaterials - Events - News
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky S-97 RAIDer helicopter flew two demonstrations before US Army officials at Redstone Arsenal, photo
NTSB determined probable cause of accident was pilot failure to properly manage B17G.
Pilot failure to properly manage airplane configuration and airspeed after he shutdown No.4 engine following its partial loss of power
during the initial climb. Contributing to the accident was the pilot/maintenance director inadequate maintenance while the airplane was
on tour, which resulted in the partial loss of power to Nos.3 and 4 engines; Collings Foundation ineffective safety management system
(SMS), which failed to identify and mitigate safety risks; and FAA inadequate oversight of Collings Foundation SMS
Video images from NASA Juno mission
Boeing delivering new technologies and performance improvements to US Special Operations Command with Block II Chinook helicopter.
Boeing Philadelphia team recently delivered first MH-47G Block II Chinook to SOCOM
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project