SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Apr 17 Sat -- 2021
- ExxonMobil announced Mobil Jet Oil 387 approved for use in Rolls-Royce M250 and RR300 engines which are most commonly found in helicopters
- SpaceX won NASA contract to develop system for landing astronauts on the moon
- Scientists released first image of black hole in galaxy M87 (April 2019) using Event Horizon Telescope.
Now data from 19 observatories (ground and space) are being released that promise to give unparalleled insight
into this supermassive black hole and the system it powers. Observations could also help improve tests of Einstein General Theory of Relativity
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - Latest Blog Post
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Asilomar State Beach on Monterey Peninsula in city of Pacific Grove
- Tin City industrial makers market for craft wine, beer, spirits, more
- US Army University Press Mar-Apr 2021- Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) present threats to US Army
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
Plan for Spring Wildflower, with social distance, mask
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|Apr 16 Fri -- 2021
- USAF HH-60W Jolly Green II helicopter completed developmental test program, photos
- Airbus Helicopters received EASA certification for power upgrade of single-engine H125 helicopter
- Airbus Helicopter innovation project - Assembly of Racer high-speed demonstrator has begun following arrival of centre fuselage section
- NTSB determined probable cause of accident was pilot failure to properly manage B17G.
Pilot failure to properly manage airplane configuration and airspeed after he shutdown No.4 engine following its partial loss of power
during the initial climb. Contributing to the accident was the pilot/maintenance director inadequate maintenance while the airplane was
on tour, which resulted in the partial loss of power to Nos.3 and 4 engines; Collings Foundation ineffective safety management system
(SMS), which failed to identify and mitigate safety risks; and FAA inadequate oversight of Collings Foundation SMS
- MD 369E helicopter Incident, Damage None, made emergency landing at golf course, Atlanta, Georgia
- NASA Launch Services Program added United Launch Alliance nextGen rocket Vulcan Centaur to NASA Launch Services II
- FAA superseding AD 2019-12-09 for certain Rockwell Collins FDSA-6500 flight display system applications installed on airplanes.
AD 2019-12-09 imposed operating limitations on the traffic collision avoidance system (TCAS). AD 2019-12-09 was prompted by conflict
between TCAS display indications and aural alerts that may occur during a resolution advisory (RA) scenario. This AD retains requirements
of AD 2019-12-09 until a software upgrade is completed. AD effective April 29, 2021
- US Army Flier, Fort Rucker, Sergeant Major of the Army visits Fort Rucker, talks quality of life, Mar 2021
- FAA Safety Briefing - Enhancing Surface Safety Mar-Apr 2021
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- Eielson AFB, Alaska, Red Flag
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2021
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
- US coast Guard MH-65 helicopter program
|April 15 Thu -- 2021
- Sikorsky S-97 RAIDer helicopter flew two demonstrations before US Army officials at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama, photo.
Sikorsky and partner Boeing offering DeFiant X for Future Long-Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) competition
- Inspector General report of helicopter usage on D.C. June 1, 2021, oversight of command investigation concluded that use of MEDEVAC helicopters was not prohibited
by Federal law or policy or Army regulation. Lack of understanding regarding employment and command and control of helicopters during civil disturbance operations.
Decisions to use helicopters in support of civil disturbance operations were reasonable given the emergent nature of the situation
- NTSB preliminary report on crash of AS350-B3 helicopter involved in heli-ski operation in Chugach Mountains north of Anchorage. Made multiple flighs on March 27,
transporting skiers to several starting points near Knik Glacier. Hit the mountain about 15-20ft below ridgeline
- Blue Origin completed 15th consecutive mission to space and back Apr.14 and conducted a series of simulations to rehearse
astronaut movements and operations for future flights with customers on board
- FAA announced application period for entities to become FAA Approved UAS Service Suppliers of the Low Altitude
Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC). Application period opens on May 3, 2021
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) B-17 bomber Aluminum Overcast will return to full national tour in 2021.
First portion 2021 tour schedule includes stops in Florida and Georgia before move northward to additional locations through the spring and early summer
- Airline passengers can obtain updated information on how to Fly Healthy
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, March 2021 What Would You Have Done
- US Army Aviation Digest -
Emergency Response Methodology Update, US Army Sling Load Operations,
An Unintended Side Effect of the Aviation Restructuring Initiative - Oct-Dec 2020
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|Apr 14 Wed -- 2021
- Mars Ingenuity helicopter team identified software solution for command sequence issue identified
during high-speed spin-up test of rotors. Best estimate of targeted flight date is fluid right now,
working toward achieving milestones and will set a flight date next week
- Marines from Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J., traveled to U.S. Naval Academy, M.D. to
showcase helicopter platforms and develop naval officers’ knowledge about U.S. Marine aviation, photos
- USS Wichita conduct Live-Fire Exercise, photos.
Before gunnery exercise helicopter from Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 22 Detachment 8 launched to conduct firing range clearance and serve as safety observer
- Special edition 75th anniversary option for Beechcraft Bonanza G36 single-engine piston aircraft, distinguished by custom interior and paint scheme
inspired by Olive Ann Beech signature blue color, photo. Powered by 300HP Continental IO-550-B engine and three-blade constant-speed propeller
- Lockheed addressing accelerating demand for space-enabled warfighting capabilities with a new line of rapid, integrated
and affordable tactical Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) satellites
- NASA seeking proposals for ground and flight demonstrations of integrated megawatt-class powertrain systems for subsonic aircraft.
Deadline for proposals for this solicitation is 5pm EST April 20
- NASA and SpaceX latest blog
- SpaceX launch missions
- Mars 2020 mission - Perseverance rover 2021
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|Apr 13 Tue -- 2021
- Northwestern Colorado Delays expected I-70, Colorado DoT will oversee necessary helicopter operations in Glenwood Canyon, Rockfall Mitigation, week of April 12 and April 19
- Recurrent Training Courses for Drone Pilots Available Online at FAA website
- Four F-22 Raptors alongside USAF KC-135 Stratotanker, photos
- Boeing (NYSE:BA) program deliveries across commercial and defense operations for first quarter of 2021
- United plans to resume hiring pilots in May
more from united.mediaroom.com press
- FAA FlySafe - Explores ways for pilots to safely prepare and train for new or unfamiliar flight environments
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for Robinson Model R66 helicopters.
AD prompted by reports of tail rotor drive shaft forward hanger bearing failures. AD is effective April 12, 2021
- Rotorcraft Design Approvals - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - NASA astronauts scheduled launch to ISS at 6:11am Eastern, Thursday, April 22,
from Launch Complex 39A Kennedy Space Center, Florida
|Apr 12 Mon -- 2021
- New Thermosil 7005 (FMi Chemical) one-part, low-density, heat-resistant silicone sealant used to form a void-free airtight seal
for high-speed turbine blades in jet engines
- Chevron (NYSE:CVX) and Honeywell (NYSE:HON) start commercial ISOALKY Ionic Liquids Alkylation Unit, utilizes ionic liquids to produce alkylate
more from FMIchemical.com
- Eurocopter EC120B incident, lost power and landed in a backyard, Damage None, Leroy, Kansas
- Mars Ingenuity Helicopter flight delayed to no earlier than April 14
- FAA Aeronautical Raster Chart is a digital image of FAA VFR Chart
- SpaceX launch updates
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF Week in Photos
- USAF F35A Demo Team for 2021 Airshow Season, All USAF Aerial Events
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
CH-53K performs Degraded Visual Environment flight testing in Yuma, Az
Sikorsky (Lockheed) and Boeing released details of DeFIANT X advanced helicopter for US Army Future Long Range Assault Aircraft competition (FLRAA).
Fastest, most maneuverable and most survivable assault helicopter Jan2021
Perseverance Mars rover has sent back first image Feb2021, more from
nasa.gov mars2020 blog
B-29 Doc tour schedule July-Aug 2021, St. Louis, MO (Spirit of St. Louis Airport), Terre Haute, IN, Cincinnati, OH (Lunken Air Field),
Cleveland, OH (Burke Lakefront Airport), Kalamazoo, MI (Air Zoo Aerospace & Science Experience),
EAA AirVenture (Oshkosh, WI with rides in Appleton, WI)
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Video images from NASA Juno mission
Boeing delivering new technologies and performance improvements to US Special Operations Command with Block II Chinook helicopter.
Boeing Philadelphia team recently delivered first MH-47G Block II Chinook to SOCOM
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project