SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Mar 17 Sat
- The 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade received three UH-60M BlackHawk Helicopters, Germany, photos
- US Marine farewell to AH-1W SuperCobra Helicopters, transition to AH-1Z, photos
- Boeing new 737 MAX 7 completed first flight, LEAP-1B engines
- Train ride along the Sacramento River on historic Sacramento Southern Railroad, Northern Calif, Gold Rush Spring events
- Owens Lake Bird Festival set for April 28-30
- Calendar Grand Canyon NP
- Schedule 2018 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
Day Use Parks
more travel laTimes.com
|Mar 16 Fri
- Update - NTSB Investigation of New York City Helicopter Crash, Airbus Helicopters AS350B2.
NTSB investigators seeking videos that show different angles or aspects of accident sequence
- US HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter crashed in western Iraq March 15, 2018
- USS Wasp Amphibious assault ship arrived in White Beach Naval Facility after completing flight operations with F-35B Lighting II
- SpiceJet and CFM International agreement finalizes purchase of LEAP-1B engines to power a total of 155 Boeing 737 MAX airplanes
- FAA Safety Briefing for March,April 2018 - Flying Companions Guide to GA
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy 2018 Navy Week Schedule
|Mar 15 Thu
- GE9XTM engine first flight test under wing of 747 flying testbed in Victorville, California.
Engine will power new Boeing 777X aircraft
- Airbus Helicopters Voom launched on-demand helicopter booking platform in Mexico City, photo
- Cessna (Textron) Citation Longitude circumnavigated the globe.
Traveled more than 31,000 nautical miles, flew 27 legs and visited 12 countries
- On March 8, 1979 Space Shuttle Columbia arrived at Edwards AFB on trailer after 38-mile journey
from Rockwell International plant in Palmdale, California, photo
- US Army Aviation Digest - Leader Development
|Mar 14 Wed
- National Transportation Safety Board continued investigation of crash Airbus Helicopters AS350B2 into New York East River.
Helicopter substantially damaged when it impacted the river and subsequently rolled inverted during an autorotation
- MoD Qatar contract for purchase of 28 NH90 medium twin-engine multirole military helicopters
- Low-flying helicopter to survey groundwater near Grand Canyon West and Peach Springs, Arizona.
Starting on or around March 10, 2018, and lasting approximately one to two weeks
- US Army Air Forces 1st Lt. William W. Shank P-38 pilot killed During World War II, has now been accounted for
|Mar 13 Tue
- Inspector General, US Department of Transportation,
FAA needs to strengthen Management Controls over the use and oversight of NextGen developmental funding
- Preventing Inflight Loss of Control in General Aviation through Training and Technology - NTSB is convening a roundtable
of industry and government experts to discuss the current state of the problem,
and highlight available technologies and training, April 24, 8.30am – 3.00pm
- UK team of Royal Air Force personnel based in US preparing for introduction
into service of new remotely piloted air system MQ-9B Protector, photo
|Mar 12 Mon
- Helicopter flying low before crash in East River, NYC, on photo flight, doors off
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center MicroCub a Bill Hempel 60-percent-scale super cub (UAS) inaugural flight, photo, California
- Boeing conducting ground tests on prototype of US Navy MQ-25 (UAS) aircraft
- USAF Red Flag schedule for fiscal year 2018, March 9 to 23, July 13 to Aug. 3
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
NTSB Aviation Accident Final Report - Bell 206B 02/18/2016 probable cause
The in-flight failure of the engine-to-transmission drive shaft due to improper maintenance, which resulted in low main rotor rpm and a subsequent hard landing to water
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project