SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Apr 20 Fri
- Vietnam Helicopter Pilot and Crewmember Monument dedicated Arlington National Cemetery, photos
- First Boeing 737-800 Boeing Converted Freighter (BCF), first customer GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS)
and the freighter will be operated by West Atlantic Group, based in Sweden
- Cessna Citation Hemisphere on hold because of problems with Silvercrest engines
- DARPA Launch Challenge designed to promote rapid access to space within days
- FAA Safety Briefing for March,April 2018 - Flying Companions Guide to GA
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy 2018 Navy Week Schedule
|Apr 19 Thu
- Siller Helicopters Inc. S-61V Sikorsky replace cooling units Edwards AFB Calif. photos
- NY city banned doors-off helicopter tours that operate out of Downtown Manhattan Heliport
- Piper Aircraft selects Continental Jet-A engine to power PA-44 Seminole Twin-engine
- FAA will issue Airworthiness Directive (AD) within next two weeks that will require inspections of certain CFM56-7B engines
- USAF Lt. Gen. Arnold Bunch Jr. told Senate subcommittee that Northrop B-21 has completed preliminary design review
more on budget af.mil
- Lockheed contract for USAF hypersonic conventional strike weapon
- USAF Beale Air and Space Expo April 28, 2018, Northern Calif
U-2 Dragon Lady and T-38 Talon fly in formation, photos
- US Army Aviation Digest - Leader Development
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Spring 2018, Torrance, Calif
|Apr 18 Wed
- Sikorsky (Lockheed) announced German industrialization plan for competing in German Air Force Schwerer Transporthubschrauber (STH)
Program with CH-53K KingStallion heavy lift helicopter. Rheinmetall Group
- Boeing celebrated fly away of first BBJ MAX airplane
- NTSB sending go-team to Philadelphia to investigate the Southwest Airlines engine incident on April 17, 2018
- US Army funded researchers may find way to block intruders on sensitive communication networks
- Lockheed Martin submitted competitive proposal for US Air Force GPS III Follow On (GPS IIIF) program
- FAA propose to adopt new airworthiness directive (AD) for Robinson Helicopter Company Model R66 helicopters.
Proposed AD would require replacing the tail rotor drive shaft yoke assembly and inspecting for sealant.
This proposed AD is prompted by reports of tail rotor driveshaft failures.
FAA must receive comments on this proposed AD by May 29, 2018
|Apr 17 Tue
- FAA new airworthiness directive (AD) for Boeing 787-8 and 787-9 airplanes powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 1000
- Leonardo demonstrates AW159 Wildcat helicopter to Malaysia Armed Forces
Pakistan fleet renewal with order for additional AW139s intermediate twin engine helicopters
- Bombardier Global 7000 business jet range of 7,700 nautical miles
- NASA TESS Launch teams standing down today to conduct additional Guidance Navigation and Control analysis.
Next launch try of Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) on Wednesday, April 18
- Preventing Inflight Loss of Control in General Aviation through Training and Technology - NTSB is convening a roundtable
of industry and government experts to discuss the current state of the problem,
and highlight available technologies and training, April 24, 8.30am – 3.00pm
- Naval Helicopter Association Symposium 2018 May 14-17
|Apr 16 Mon
- US Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force outlined priorities for combat aviation during House Armed Services Committee hearing
- NASA TESS planet hunter set to launch April 16 on SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Open house at Holloman Air Force Base event is free to the public and scheduled for Saturday, May 5, 2018, New Mexico
- USAF Red Flag schedule for fiscal year 2018, July 13 to Aug. 3
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Apr 14 Sat
- F-35 program final developmental test flight of System Development and Demonstration phase of the program, photos
- US Navy Aviation aircraft inventory increasing with buy plan in fiscal 2018
- Boeing in Hall 2 at Innovation and Leadership in Aerospace (ILA) Berlin 2018 exhibition April 25-29, 2018.
US DoD scheduled to display several Boeing platforms, H-47 Chinook heavy lift helicopter, V-22 multirole tiltrotor,
AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft, F-15 fighter
- Escape to Sonora, Tuolumne County, Calif
- Owens Lake Bird Festival set for April 28-30
- Hubble Space Telescope able to pinpoint faraway star and set new distance record
- First interplanetary launch from US West Coast. NASA InSight spacecraft destined for Mars northern hemisphere.
Vandenberg AFB May 5 launch window opens at 4.05am PDT and remains open for two hours
- Calendar Grand Canyon NP
- Schedule 2018 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
Day Use Parks
more travel laTimes.com
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
NTSB Aviation Accident Final Report - Bell 206B 02/18/2016 probable cause
The in-flight failure of the engine-to-transmission drive shaft due to improper maintenance, which resulted in low main rotor rpm and a subsequent hard landing to water
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project