SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Jan 22 Tue
- CHP helicopter rescued two hikers stranded near North Dome area of Yosemite NP, photo
- Bell Boeing Joint Program Office awarded contract for performance-based logistics and engineering support for V-22 platform
- Boeing delivered first of ten 787-9 long-range Dreamliners to WestJet, marking start of WestJet global expansion
- North American International Auto Show Jan.14-27,2019
- Gary Powers pilot of U-2 Incident over USSR Cold War Legacy, Friday, Jan,25,2019 12pm.
Francis Gary Powers Jr. newly available information for his book Spy Pilot
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program plan for Test Flight SpaceX Demo-1 (uncrewed) Feb 2019
- Don has Full House, Nancy has Four Of A Kind, know when to hold, know when to fold
|Jan 21 Mon
- US Navy MV-22B Osprey transports cargo during external lift training, Japan, photo
- US Navy contract modification exercises option for production and delivery of 25 Lot 16 AH-1Z helicopters by Bell Helicopter
- Collins Aerospace selected by Lockheed Martin to provide avionics for new X-59 Quiet Supersonic Technology (QueSST) aircraft
- United Launch Alliance (ULA) Delta IV Heavy rocket carrying payload for National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
launched from Space Launch Complex-6, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., photos
- USAF Red Flag 19-1 Jan.26 - Feb.15
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- FAA Fly Safe - Prevent Loss of Control Accidents - Many events occurred in approach phase of flight,
and many of those accidents resulted from an unstabilized approach or a failure to go around
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Jan 19 Sat
- Forest thinning with helicopters near Flagstaff AZ, Watershed Protection Project
more from Coconino National Forest
- Ski resorts ready with new snow for weekend, Southern California
- Highway 1 reopens in two areas south of Big Sur that were closed
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|Jan 18 Fri
- PT Dirgantara Indonesia purchase agreement with Indonesian Army for nine Bell 412EPI helicopters
- Airbus construction of A220 Manufacturing Facility officially launched with groundbreaking ceremony in Mobile, Alabama
- 412th Electronic Warfare Group plan Joint Simulation Environment at Edwards Air Force Base, California
- Gulfstream Aerospace commitment to alternative jet fuel (SAJF) with Gulfstream G280 flight from Savannah to Van Nuys, California, average speed Mach 0.85
more from GulfStreamNews.com
- Darpa Opportunities
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (Nov 2018)
- FAA Safety Briefing - Birds of a Different Feather - November/December 2018
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy Week Schedule
|Jan 17 Thu
- Airbus delivered customised ACH145 helicopter to Adar Poonawalla CEO of Serum Institute of India, photo
- United Airlines ordered 24 additional Boeing 737 MAX and four more 777-300ER (Extended Range) airplanes last year
- KC-46 Pegasus air refueling tanker aircraft at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif, photo
- Superseding Airworthiness Directive (AD) 2016-25-19 for Airbus Helicopters (previously Eurocopter France) Model AS350B3 and EC130B4
helicopters. AD 2016-25-19 required inspecting pilot and co-pilot throttle twist for proper operation. This new AD retains requirements
of AD 2016-25-19 and adds certain model helicopters to the applicability. Actions of this AD are intended to address an unsafe condition
on these products. AD effective January 30, 2019
- FAA and Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) will co-host 4th Annual FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Symposium on February 12-14, 2019 at Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, December 2018 Climb Via and Descend Via
- US Army Aviation Digest - Intelligence Support for an Attack Reconnaissance Battalion (AH-64D Apaches)
|Jan 16 Wed
- Accident Investigation Board Norway Report - Airbus Helicopters AS350B3 used for demounting of old mast close to Svanvik, Finnmark county,
Norway. During long line operation, main rotor blades hit new mast which was built a few meters away, resulting in vibration
- HAI Pilot of the Year Award to Andreas Hermansky of Temsco Helicopters, Alaska Awards luncheon March 6 HAI Heli-Expo 2019 in Atlanta
- Heli-EXPO March 4-7,2019, Exhibit March 5-7, Atlanta, Georgia
- Sudden explosion of light at least 10 times brighter than a typical supernova, and then it faded over the next few months.
Located about 200 million light-years away in the constellation Hercules
- FAA Notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM). Propose to adopt a new airworthiness directive (AD) for MDHI Model 369A, 369D, 369E,
369FF, 369H, 369HE, 369HM, 369HS, 500N, and 600N helicopters.
This proposed AD would require inspecting each main rotor blade (MRB) for a crack. FAA comments on proposed AD by Jan.25,2019
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project