SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Apr 18 Thu
- Alaska Army National Guard UH-60 BlackHawk aircrew saved four individuals after airplane crash, photos
- US Army Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) concept modernization efforts includes Future Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems (FTUAS), photos
- Plan for AW609 tiltrotor is FAA certification by end of 2019, enter service sometime in 2020
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, March 2019 What Would You Have Done
- US Army Aviation Digest - Intelligence Support for an Attack Reconnaissance Battalion (AH-64D Apaches)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team - Schedule May 4-5 Chino, CA
|Apr 17 Wed
- Airbus Helicopters expanded partnership with China with opening of H135 final assembly line in Qingdao
- Helicopter under contract to Hawaii DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) hard landing in Sacred Falls State Park on Oahu.
All hiked out of area to meet emergency responders
- US Navy MH60S Knighthawks conducted deck landing qualifications with Royal Australian Navy frigate HMAS Melbourne, photos
- Helicopter crash on Fort McDowell Indian Reservation near Phoenix, AZ
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|Apr 16 Tue
- MD Helicopters will feature MD 969 Twin Attack Helicopter at 2019 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit (formerly AAAA),
April 14 – 16, 2019, Nashville, TN. MD 969 with 7-shot Common Launch Tube (CLT) System designed by Systima Technologies
- Lockheed Pilotage Distributed Aperture Sensor (PDAS) system first time on Bell V-280 Valor tiltrotor
in series of flights over Fort Worth, Texas. PDAS is multi-functional sensor system that generates high-resolution,
360-degree imagery around the aircraft to enhance situational awareness for pilots
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited (BHTC) Model 429 helicopters.
AD requires inspecting each main rotor pitch link rod end bearing assembly (bearing) for wear and play.
AD was prompted by reports of worn bearings. effective May 7, 2019
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - August timeframe for Orbital Flight Test for Boeing 2019
|Apr 15 Mon
- Honeywell pair of T55 turboshaft engines powered first flight SikorskyBoeing DeFiant Future Vertical Lift demonstrator (US Army program)
- Stratolaunch Systems Corporation completed first flight of Stratolaunch all-composite aircraft.
Flight of 2.5hrs over Mojave Desert at altitudes up to 17,000ft
- USAF Red Flag 19-3 July 14 - July 31
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Apr 13 Sat
- Advanced Tactical Training Search and Rescue Division (ATTSAR) using SkyX aerial systems for long-range search missions, photo
- Gold Strike Hot Springs Trail near Hoover Dam, Nevada, trail closes mid-May, reopen September
- 2019 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, more than 125,000 visitors
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Winter 2019, Torrance, Calif
- Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve State Natural Reserve,
As of April 4th blooming poppies blanketing the reserve
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Calif Typical Flowering Dates
Wildflowers in bloom San Luis Obispo County
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|Apr 12 Fri
- GAO Report - Acquisition cost estimates for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program (VH-92A) have declined from 5.18B
to 4.95B, for 23 new helicopters, since program started in April 2014
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for certain Robinson Helicopter Model R66 helicopters. AD requires inspecting
the oil tank outlet fitting color. If the fitting is blue, AD requires replacing tank with an oil tank that lacks a blue fitting.
AD effective May 17, 2019
- US Army plans to invest 1.2B over next five years toward hypersonic weapon,
which is being developed in collaboration with US Air Force and US Navy.
Flight test of land-based hypersonic missile (5 x speed of sound) expected in fiscal 2023. more on budget
- USS Eisenhower underway from Naval Station Norfolk for flight deck certification
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (Feb 2019)
- FAA Safety Briefing - ADS-B Out — A One Year Countdown, January/February 2019
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project