SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Dec 1 Tue -- 2020
- New five-bladed H145 helicopter received certification from FAA.
This type certification covers the full range of capabilities, including single-pilot instrument flight rules (IFR)
and single engine operations, along with night vision goggle capability, Grand Prairie, Texas. photo
- EC135 helicopter struck a bird damaging windscreen and rotor blade, Gainesville, GA
- Northrop completed multiple rounds of tests on Solid Fuel Ramjet (SFRJ) tactical engine configuration – a technology to enable
long range precision fires, one of US Army priorities
- US DoD and Australian DoD with bilateral effort to advance development of air-breathing hypersonic technologies
- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems delivered final two MQ-9A Block 5 Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) and
Ground Control Station to Spanish Air Force
- FAA will accept applications from airport sponsors through Dec.17,2020, under Fiscal Year 2021 Military Airport Program (MAP).
MAP provides funding to help develop former military airports or designated joint-use military airfields for civilian use
- Rotorcraft Design Approvals - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - blog and live NASA TV
|Nov 30 Mon -- 2020
- First two new Apache Attack Helicopters (AH-64E variant) delivered to UK British Army from US Government.
New engines, drivetrain, main rotor blades and avionics
- American Airlines 737 MAX flight scheduled on Dec.29 between Miami and NY LaGuardia airports
more on 737 Max from
- Video images from NASA Juno mission recreate ride along with Juno spacecraft on close flyby of Jupiter on June 2, 2020
- SpaceX launch updates
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF Week in Photos
- USAF F35A Demo Team schedule for 2020 airshow
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Nov 28 Sat -- 2020
- Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite part of NASA Eyes on the Earth
Track Earth vital signs with NASA Earth-observing satellites
- Lockheed closed acquisition of Hypersonics portfolio of Integration Innovation Inc. (i3),
a software and systems engineering company based in Huntsville, Alabama
- California fall color guide
Northern Calif Bay Area kqed.org
- US Army University Press Sept-Oct 2020, Question, Why Would China Not Invade Taiwan Now
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|Nov 27 Fri -- 2020
- LA Fire Department helicopter crew made water drop on home and extinguished exterior fire, Northridge, Calif
- USAF 58th Special Operations Wing set as preferred location for relocation of AC-130J Formal Training Unit, Kirtland AFB, N.M., photo
- Boeing has three facilities marked by DoD contracts management agency for
increase in incidents of damage to military aircraft or components.
Boeing initiated changes that should lead to better quality
- Commercial crew mission
- FAA Safety Briefing - Avoiding Controlled Flight Into Terrain Nov-Dec 2020
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- Eielson AFB, Alaska, Red Flag
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|Nov 26 Thu -- 2020 Thanksgiving Day
- Helicopter pilot James P. Fleming on Nov. 26, 1968 earned Medal of Honor for rescue of a seven-man team of Army Green Berets
on a reconnaissance patrol in Vietnam
- Contract Defense Logistics Agency Aviation -
Bell Boeing Joint Project Office awarded modification exercising second one-year option period of one-year base
contract with four one-year option periods for performance-based logistics and engineering support for V-22 platform.
Contract US Air Force Life Cycle Management Center -
Northrop Grumman Systems awarded contract for Global Hawk development, modernization, retrofit and
sustainment activities for all Air Force Global Hawk variants
- US Army Project Convergence 20 - Test of Multi-Utility Tactical Transport an 8 x 8 unmanned all-terrain vehicle that will
follow dismounted infantry Soldier carrying a wireless tether, Yuma Proving Ground
- Airline passengers can obtain updated information on how to Fly Healthy this holiday season
press release from faa.gov
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, Oct 2020 Late Clearance Changes
- US Army Aviation Digest - Unmanned Aircraft Systems in Large-Scale Combat - July-Sept 2020
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|Nov 25 Wed -- 2020
- US Army descended on Bell Helicopter Flight Research Center to take a look at V-280 Valor. Designed and built under
Army Joint Multi-Role Technology Demonstrator (JMR-TD) program. Valor has flown more than 190 hours demonstrating advanced
tilt-rotor technology needed to achieve the reach, agility, and speed for Army next generation air assault aircraft.
Soldier feedback early in design process aids in getting requirements right
- USAF B-1B Lancer expanded carriage capabilities make external captive carry flight over Edwards AFB, California, photos
- US DoD working to ensure transition to administration of President-elect Joe Biden is a smooth one
- NASA and SpaceX teams proceeding with cargo version of Dragon 2 for planned liftoff at 11.39am EST on Saturday, Dec. 5,
from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida
- SpaceX launch missions
- Mars 2020 mission
- Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission. Landing Feb. 18, 2021, at 12.43pm PST
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
2020 Aerospace Valley Air Show, October 9,10 a hybrid event, photos
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Boeing delivering new technologies and performance improvements to US Special Operations Command with Block II Chinook helicopter.
Boeing Philadelphia team recently delivered first MH-47G Block II Chinook to SOCOM
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project