SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|June 3 Wed -- 2020
- USAF HH-60W Jolly Green II and US Army AH-64 Apache helicopter in first flight and combined test mission together, photos
- Bell Helicopter new comprehensive ownership program for purchasers of new Bell commercial aircraft,
including Bell 505, Bell 407GXi, Bell 429, Subaru Bell 412EPX
- Helicopter contracted by Pacific Gas & Electric struck power line and crashed in Northern California
- Mars 2020 rover mission, Launch Window July 17 - Aug. 5, 2020
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|June 2 Tue -- 2020
- Lockheed delivered KC-130J Super Hercules tanker assigned to Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 452,
Stewart Air National Guard Base, New York, photo
- USS Mustin conducted freedom-of-navigation operation in Paracel Islands, South China Sea
- Report on crash of Canada Snowbird jet focusing on possible bird strike
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for Robinson R44 and R44 II helicopters.
AD prompted by reports of cracking in certain tail rotor blades, AD is effective May 22, 2020
- Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) Modernization effort, NTAP will be discontinued effective June 18, 2020, last NTAP will be published
on May 21, 2020. Effective June 18, 2020
full text faa.gov
more NTAP faa.gov
- Rotorcraft Occupant Safety - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program -
SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft arrives at Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Launch plan of Falcon 9 rocket at 4.33pm EDT on May 27 from Launch Complex 39A in Florida
|June 1 Mon
- NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Doug Hurley arrived at International Space Station on Sunday, May 31
- FAA and Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) announced two-part virtual event for
FAA UAS Symposium – Remotely Piloted Edition, Episodes I and II, will take place on July 8 to 9 and August 18 to 19, 2020
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF F35A Demo Team schedule for 2020 airshow
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|May 30 Sat
- Demo-2 crew members Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley at Launch Complex 39A planning May 30 launch attempt.
NASA and SpaceX continue to monitor launch and down range weather
more commercial crew
- Quark Oddities at Large Hadron Collider
- US Army University Press March-April 2020, How leaders can reduce friction to a manageable level
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|May 29 Fri
- LA County Firehawk helicopter while returning from forward deployed location to base for crew swap experienced engine failure.
Made precautionary landing
- eCaravan flight of all-electric Cessna Grand Caravan 208B, Moses Lake, Washington
- National Transportation Safety Board Aviation Accident Final Report - R44 destroyed 07.08.2018, Williamsburg, VA.
NTSB probable cause(s) of accident to be pilot failure to safely operate helicopter due to impaired cognitive and physical abilities
- FAA Safety Briefing - Aviation Communication May-June 2020
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|May 28 Thu
- F-35C Lightning II at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Southern Calif
- Air Operations at Fort Hunter Liggett, Central Coast Calif.
TUSI Army Heliport supports rotary wing aircraft, staging base for firefighting apparatus during large wildland fires in surrounding area.
Dirt airstrip suitable for C-17 landings and takeoffs.
background Fort Hunter Liggett from
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, April 2020 Observations on RNAV (RNP) Approaches
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- US Army Aviation Digest - Aviation and the Megacity - Jan-Mar 2020
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project