SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Sept 19 Tue
- UH-1 Huey was helicopter that changed the world of US Army aviation - US Army Aviation Museum
- Lockheed Advanced Off-Board Electronic Warfare system will provide MH-60 helicopters with enhanced electronic warfare
surveillance and countermeasure capabilities against anti-ship missile (ASM) threats
- US Air Force logistics will find Airmen tapping into a secure digital network of archived additive manufacturing specifications,
allowing for 3D-printed creation of a weapons system component
- Boeing has selected Triumph Group as major supplier for T-X Air Force training jet
|Sept 18 Mon
- REACH Air Medical Services with Airbus H125 helicopter in Montana
- KRQE news helicopter crashed in rural central New Mexico
- Northrop Grumman announced plan to acquire rocket and satellite company Orbital ATK. Expected to close in first half of 2018
- United Airlines and Women in Aviation International (WAI) Girls in Aviation Day events Sept.23,2017
- USAF Green Flag 2017 ground combat training -- Green Flag 17-09 Sept.08-22, 2017, Barstow, California
- NTSB Safety Alerts, Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Sept 16 Sat
- Air traffic control technology upgrades on budget and increasing efficiency despite claims by airlines
- Joint Base Andrews Air Show - Air and Space Expo, Sept. 15-17
- Eastern Sierra near Bishop a mountain route known as highest motorable road in California
more travel latimes.com
- Schedule 2017 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
|Sept 15 Fri
- NTSB preliminary information - LA Fire Department AW139 helicopter sustained substantial damage after impacting trees while
conducting aerial firefighting operations in a residential area in Tujunga, California
- Four CH-47 Chinook helicopters assisting with response to Hurricane Irma
- Commander of US Army Aviation Center of Excellence at Fort Rucker favors supervised autonomy
over complete autonomy for autonomous aircraft
- FAA Safety Briefing for Sept,Oct 2017 - role flight instructors play in keeping the National Airspace System safe
- US Navy 2017 Navy Week Schedule
|Sept 14 Thu
- Boeing proposal for MH139 helicopter to replace the USAF Huey fleet could save more
than 1 billion in acquisition costs and lifecycle expenses
- H145 simulator at Airbus Helicopters Training Academy in Germany awarded level D status by German Federal Aviation Office
- Boeing awarded US Navy modification P00004 to a previously awarded fixed-price-incentive contract (N00019-17-C-0003).
This modification provides for the full-rate production and delivery of six Lot 41 FA18E and eight FA18F aircraft.
Boeing awarded USAF cost-plus-award-fee contract modification (P00011) to previously awarded contract for new preliminary
design activity requirements on the Presidential Aircraft Recapitalization (PAR) Program.
- Boeing 737 MAX touch-and-go landing at Edwards AFB Calif, photo
- Secret XP-59 History this week Edwards AFB, Calif, photos
|Sept 13 Wed
- NTSB preliminary information - experimental Sikorsky S97A Raider hard landing while hovering sustained substantial damage
at William P Gwinn Airport, Jupiter, Florida
background S97 lockheedmartin.com
Sikorsky Innovations lockheedmartin.com
- Able Aerospace Services (Textron) addition of repair and overhaul services for Bell 429 helicopter
- Cassini spacecraft headed toward Sept.15 plunge into Saturn, final flyby of moon Titan Sept.11
NASA share solar eclipse across entire continental United States on Aug.21,2017
NTSB safety alert, better fuel management by aviators could prevent an average of 50 general aviation accidents a year Flying on Empty
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project