SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
Friends have Tommy memories
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|July 31 Sat -- 2021
- US State Dept made determination approving possible Foreign Military Sale to Government of Israel of 18 CH-53K Heavy Lift Helicopters
with Support and related equipment for estimated cost of 3.4billion. 60 T408-GE-400 Engines
- Dixie Fire - Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon, 07.30.21 7.51pm
SkyCrane helicopter filling up on retardant, photo
- Dixie & Jumbo Fires Update - July 30, 2021, located approximately 40 miles southeast of Grangeville and 15 miles south of Elk City, Idaho
Type 2 Helicopter making water drops to support burnout operations, photo
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for various restricted category helicopters, originally manufactured by Bell Textron Inc.
AD prompted by multiple events involving failure of the tail boom attach structure including the bolts. AD requires revising the existing
Rotorcraft Flight Manual (RFM) for your helicopter to incorporate pre-flight checks. AD is effective August 30, 2021
- NTSB Preliminary Report - UH-60A helicopter destroyed when involved in accident near Leesburg International Airport, Leesburg, Florida.
Helicopter operated on post-maintenance test flight, new water tank and snorkel installed, snorkel violently swinging, snorkel contacting
main rotor blades or tailboom. May 25, 2021
- NASA Commercial Crew Program - Latest Blog Post
- Liberty Aviation Museum 1928 Ford Tri-Motor 5-AT-B will return for EAA national tour in 2021
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Asilomar State Beach on Monterey Peninsula in city of Pacific Grove
- Tin City industrial makers market for craft wine, beer, spirits, Paso Robles
- US Army University Press July-August 2021 -
Understanding China PLA Rocket Force
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- Pismo Beach, Calif
Pismo State Beach
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|July 30 Fri -- 2021
- CH-47F Chinook helicopter unloaded from Dover AFB C-5M Super Galaxy at Royal Australian AFB, Townsville, Australia, photo
- ECOsystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometer Experiment on Space Station (ECOSTRESS) aiding in fight against wildfires in Western US
- Karen Kalishek elected to chair National Association of Flight Instructors (NAFI) Board of Directors beginning January 1
- FAA Air Traffic Controller Applications window open to all eligible US citizens July 30 - Aug. 2, 2021
- Sikorsky-Boeing SB1 DeFIANT helicopter demonstrated cargo capacity by lifting 5,300lbs
Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System training load during test flight at Sikorsky Development Flight Center, Florida
- Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- FAA Safety Briefing - Embracing the Environment July-August 2021
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- Eielson AFB, Alaska, Red Flag
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2021
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
- US coast Guard MH-65 helicopter program
|July 29 Thu -- 2021
- Pennsylvania National Guard Eastern Army NG Aviation Training Site received first fielding of UH-60V Black Hawks.
Model includes upgraded digital glass cockpit, certified GPS RNAV database and advanced flight planning and mission capability, photo
- General Aviation Modifications Inc. received two supplemental type certificates authorizing the use of G100UL high-octane unleaded avgas
- Boeing CST-100 Starliner spacecraft and ULA Atlas V rocket rolled out of Vertical Integration Facility to launch
pad at Space Launch Complex-41 Cape Canaveral. Boeing Orbital Flight Test-2 mission to ISS Liftoff scheduled for 2.53pm EDT Friday July 30
- United Aviate Academy training package of courseware and multimedia materials use Boeing portfolio of service offerings,
including Jeppesen and ForeFlight solutions
- US Army engaged cruise missile target in contested electronic attack environment during developmental flight test
using Northrop Grumman Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS)
- FAA launched campaign to encourage more Air Traffic Controller Applications from women
- Flight Design F2-LSA USA inspected by FAA and issued certificate of airworthiness.
On display at Flight Design exhibit area EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, from July 26 to August 1
- US Army CH-47F Block II Chinook helicopter
Projected Activities, 1QFY21 (1)Limited User Test
4QFY21 (1)Milestone C, (2)Low Rate Initial Production
- DoD Artificial Intelligence
National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, June 2021 Fly-Ins and Airshows
- US Army Aviation Digest -
Army Aerial Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance - April-June 2021
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
- Airline passengers can obtain updated information on how to Fly Healthy
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) B-17 bomber Aluminum Overcast will return to full national tour in 2021.
First portion 2021 tour schedule includes stops in Florida and Georgia before move northward to additional locations through the spring and early summer
|July 28 Wed -- 2021
- Fourth Gen fighters (Super Hornets, Hornets, Growlers) operationally relevant for decades with upgrades of
Gallium Nitride Active Electronically Scanned Array radar, GaN AESA radar
- NTSB Probable Cause - loss of Bell 206 helicopter control after entry into vortex ring state, North Carolina
background NTSB reports on North Carolina State Highway Patrol helicopter 2020 crash.
- At Yuma Marine Corps Air Station aircraft equipped with eJPALS landed, Arizona
more on eJPALS expeditionary version of JPALS. System can be set up and operational in remote locations
and inhospitable terrain in less than 90 minutes. Precise guided landing in zero-visibility situations on land
- US Army Improved Turbine Engine Program model for Additive Manufacturing (AM).
AM in designing and developing new technologies to deliver long-term performance,
reliability, maintainability, and cost savings benefits
- Arizona wildfire situation
- A low-flying helicopter will soon be visible to residents of Custer and Fremont counties, Colorado.
Low-level flights coordinated by US Geological Survey scientists to image geology at the surface and below ground. June 4 thru August 31, 2021
- US Helicopter Safety Team "56 Seconds to Live"
Unintended Flight into Instrument Meteorological Conditions (UIMC) Awareness and Prevention Course available for pilots
- NASA and SpaceX latest blog
- SpaceX launch missions
- Mars 2020 mission - Perseverance rover 2021
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|July 27 Tue -- 2021
- Helicopter dropping retardant on edge of Dixie wildfire, photo
Dixie Wildfire Information
- US Army soldiers trained to maintain, arm and fuel Apache helicopters.
Mechanic, armament technician, crew chief strapped into the gunner seat for incentive flights
- Canadian Forces pilots not warned about autopilot take control before Cyclone helicopter crash in 2020
- Media accreditation is open for upcoming launch of Landsat 9 satellite. A joint NASA and US Geological Survey (USGS)
mission that will continue legacy of monitoring land and coast. Landsat 9 scheduled to launch Sept. 16, 2021,
on United Launch Alliance Atlas V 401 rocket from Space Launch Complex 3 at Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
overview landsat.gsfc.nasa.gov Landsat 9
- Airman Knowledge Tests - New,Revised Test Question Activation Dates for 2021,2022. First change June 28, 2021
- CAL Fire Mendocino Unit conducting Basic Helicopter Operations and Safety and Air Rescue training in the areas of Lake Mendocino and Ridgewood Ranch.
Training conducted periodically between April 26, 2021 and August 1, 2021
- Mars Images
more Mars Ingenuity Helicopter news
- United plans to resume hiring pilots in May
more from united.mediaroom.com press
- Aviate program provides route to job offer with United Airlines
- Fly Safe Focus on Pilot and Mechanic Roles and Responsibilities
FlySafe topic looks at the importance of aircraft angle of attack awareness
- Rotorcraft Design Approvals - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program
|July 26 Mon -- 2021
- Raytheon Joint Precision Approach and Landing System deployed on two aircraft carrier international platforms,
UK HMS Queen Elizabeth, Italian aircraft carrier
- Lockheed PAC-3 missile intercepted surrogate cruise missile threat at White Sands Missile Range
- Updates on Boeing Orbital Flight Test-2 launch to ISS preparation for July 30 launch
Atlas V rocket, Starliner
- Beckwourth Complex Wildfire Incident Summary, Northern Calif
- Bootleg Wildfire Incident Summary, NW of Beatty, Oregon
- CAF B-29,B-24 Squadron leader announced that CAF B-24 Diamond Lil ready to roll and ride
- SpaceX launch updates
- FAA Aeronautical Raster Chart is a digital image of FAA VFR Chart
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF Week in Photos
- USAF F35A Demo Team for 2021 Airshow Season, All USAF Aerial Events
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
- HH-60G Pave Hawk prepares for takeoff at Moody AFB as a part of Heritage Flight with HH-60W Jolly Green II, photos
- USAF HC-130 Hercules performs helicopter air-to-air refueling with HH-60G Pave Hawk, photos
CH-53K performs Degraded Visual Environment flight testing in Yuma, Az
Sikorsky (Lockheed) and Boeing released details of DeFIANT X advanced helicopter for US Army Future Long Range Assault Aircraft competition (FLRAA).
Fastest, most maneuverable and most survivable assault helicopter Jan2021
- Nanoparticles and Nanomaterials - Events - News
B-29 Doc tour schedule July-Aug 2021, St. Louis, MO (Spirit of St. Louis Airport), Terre Haute, IN, Cincinnati, OH (Lunken Air Field),
Cleveland, OH (Burke Lakefront Airport), Kalamazoo, MI (Air Zoo Aerospace & Science Experience),
EAA AirVenture (Oshkosh, WI with rides in Appleton, WI)
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky S-97 RAIDer helicopter flew two demonstrations before US Army officials at Redstone Arsenal, photo
NTSB determined probable cause of accident was pilot failure to properly manage B17G.
Pilot failure to properly manage airplane configuration and airspeed after he shutdown No.4 engine following its partial loss of power
during the initial climb. Contributing to the accident was the pilot/maintenance director inadequate maintenance while the airplane was
on tour, which resulted in the partial loss of power to Nos.3 and 4 engines; Collings Foundation ineffective safety management system
(SMS), which failed to identify and mitigate safety risks; and FAA inadequate oversight of Collings Foundation SMS
Video images from NASA Juno mission
Boeing delivering new technologies and performance improvements to US Special Operations Command with Block II Chinook helicopter.
Boeing Philadelphia team recently delivered first MH-47G Block II Chinook to SOCOM
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project