SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Jul 20 Sat
- Layne Merritt US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation departing from government service after three decades
to become chief technology officer at Elbit Systems of America
- California moon trees from seeds aboard Apollo mission
- Tehachapi Kern County Calif. Tehachapi Loop train track spiral, wind farms, wineries
- Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument
- US Army University Press July-August 2019
- US Army University Press - May June 2019
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Winter 2019, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|Jul 19 Fri
- NH90 Sea Lion helicopter completed mission demonstrations for relevant roles in German Navy, including SAR missions, photo
- Metro Aviation nearing completion of Airbus H125 helicopter for Tulsa PD Air Support Unit
- Annual USHST Meeting in Torrance, Calif, August 14-15, 2019
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (July 2019)
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- FAA Safety Briefing - performance-based aircraft certification standards for general aviation - May/June 2019
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2019, 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|Jul 18 Thu
- Leonardo TH-119 single engine helicopter received IFR supplemental type certification by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- AE Industrial Partners private equity firm signed definitive agreement to acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Helicopter crashed after load it was lifting became unstable
- Aviation Blade Services (helicopter rotor blade repair, overhaul and modification) acquired by First Aviation Services
- US Naval Research Laboratory devised new process for using nano-particles to build powerful lasers
that are more efficient and safer for your eyes
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, June 2019 Controlled Flight Toward Terrain
- US Army Aviation Digest - Primer for Company-level Collective Training at Home Station
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|Jul 17 Wed
- USAF 413th Flight Test Squadron conducted AF piloted flight of HH-60W Combat Rescue Helicopter, photo
- DoT Inspector General initiated audit of FAA oversight of Open-Door helicopter operations
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|Jul 16 Tue
- Television station WJZ of Baltimore, Maryland delivery of Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Ryanair name change now Boeing 737-8200, photo
- R44 helicopter on instructional flight crashed at Hayward Executive Airport, Calif
- FAA Piston Aviation Fuels Initiative (PAFI) Update June 2019
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- Boeing CST-100 Starliner propulsion system test White Sands Test Facility in New Mexico.
NASA Commercial Crew Program - August timeframe for Orbital Flight Test for Boeing 2019
|Jul 15 Mon
- Airbus Helicopters acquisition of its distributor and 50-year partner Aersud Elicotteri.
Headquartered in Northern Italy Aersud has key role in development of helicopter market
- USAF 388th Fighter Wing 34th Fighter Squadron flying out of Mountain Home AFB in off-station F-35A Lightning II operation, Idaho, photos
- FAA - Airman Knowledge Sample Test Questions -
Airline Transport Sample Questions Helicopter – ATH Effective June 28, 2019
Private Pilot Helicopter Sample Questions – PRH Effective June 28, 2019
Instrument Rating Helicopter Sample Questions – IRH Effective June 28, 2019
- USAF Red Flag 19-3 July 14 - July 31
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project