SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Sept 18 Fri -- 2020
- USAF H-1 Huey helicopter returns to service after decade in storage
- Bell Textron Inc. announced that Montenegro Air Force accepted Bell 505
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 22 received MQ-8C FireScout, Naval Station Norfolk
- Boeing, Honeywell Aerospace and Rolls-Royce Deutschland Ltd. reached agreement to provide in-service support of
T-55 engine should Germany select H-47 Chinook for Schwerer Transporthubschrauber heavy-lift helicopter requirement
- FAA Safety Briefing - Data-Driven Decision Making Sept-Oct 2020
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- Eielson AFB, Alaska, Red Flag
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|Sept 17 Thu -- 2020
- USAF has begun ground fire trials of HH-60W Jolly Green combat search and rescue helicopter, photos
- GE Aviation has delivered first F110-GE-129 engines for USAF F-15EX advanced fighter
- US Air Force debuts eSeries future of development at Air Force Association conference
- USAF Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) aircraft, Air Force Association annual conference
- Registration open for FAA first virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference, which will take place Oct.27 - Oct.29
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, August 2020 What Would You Have Done
- US Army Aviation Digest - Introduction of the Emergency Response Methodology - April-June 2020
- 2020 Aerospace Valley Air Show in October will be hybrid event with virtual aspects instead of hosting traditional airshow
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|Sept 16 Wed -- 2020
- US Army Redstone Test Center (RTC) Experimental Test Pilots (XPs) conducted flights of Bell V-280 Valor
Bell V-280 Valor background
- Bell Textron Inc first Authorized Maintenance Center in Europe. Will provide maintenance for Bell 505 and Bell 407 located in Poland
- Bell Textron Inc will be adding first Authorized Maintenance Center (AMC) in Denmark
- Raytheon Technologies delivered next high-energy laser weapon system to USAF.
Will be deployed overseas for operator training and experimental testing and evaluation
- SpaceX launch missions
- Mars 2020 mission
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|Sept 15 Tue -- 2020
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH--60V Black Hawk helicopter digital cockpit
more on Northrop Grumman Integrated Avionics Suite for UH-60V
- Wisconsin National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters sent to Calif
- US Navy sailors will eventually transition to CMV-22B Osprey, are currently deployed to the Middle East with
California-Based Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 166 Marine Corps MV-22B Osprey squadron
- USAF MQ-9 Reaper made live air-to-air AIM-9X Block 2 missile test, photos
- San Bernardino County Sheriff helicopter struck by gunfire man was arrested, Southern Calif
- Rotorcraft Design Approvals - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program -
NASA and SpaceX targeting no earlier than Oct.23 for first operational flight with astronauts of Crew Dragon spacecraft
and Falcon 9 rocket to International Space Station.
CST-100 Starliner spacecraft uncrewed flight test targeting no earlier than December 2020 for launch of Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2)
|Sept 14 Mon -- 2020
- USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78) logged 4,000th aircraft launch and recovery. Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System
and Advanced Arresting Gear as part of 18-month Post Delivery Test and Trials period
- US Army Futures Command leader unveiled Project Convergence campaign.
Will help Army rapidly operate across the land, air, sea, space and cyberspace domains
- SpaceX launch updates.
Dragon six-month operational mission (Crew-1) targeted no earlier than Oct.23,2020
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF Week in Photos
- USAF F35A Demo Team schedule for 2020 airshow
- FAA Practical Test Standards
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Sept 12 Sat -- 2020
- Ghost 4 intelligence, reconnaissance, surveillance UAV. Not a quadcopter configuration
Palmer Luckey new company
- European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) completed test flights of Boeing 737 MAX.
EASA analysing data and other information gathered during flights in preparation for Joint Operations Evaluation Board (JOEB).
- US Army University Press July-Aug 2020, Enhancing US Army Readiness in the Arctic
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Boeing delivering new technologies and performance improvements to US Special Operations Command with Block II Chinook helicopter.
Boeing Philadelphia team recently delivered first MH-47G Block II Chinook to SOCOM
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project